Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: RIA 1911 A2 fs/hs

Posts liked by others

RIA 1911 A2 fs/hs

Hey everyone. So, I own the Rock Island Armory 1911 A2 FS/HS ULTRA in 10mm which uses a double stack magazine. I've been looking to buy a few more magz since this only came with one magazine. So, I bought the
    https://mec-gar.com/shop/magazines/para-o
    After waiting a week to receive the magz in the mail, I opened one and tried it out. The new magz inserts fine, but will not lock into the mag latch. I haven't pulled out my calipers to take measurement yet, but just from looking at it, it looks identical to the original that came with the piece... Has anyone had the same issues? Is there a fix that I can apply to use these magz from MECGAR? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You....

I don't have my phone handy atm to take pics of the magz, but will post them when I get a chance, but here is the link to what I have,
    https://www.armscor.com/firearms-lis...a-hc-10mm-16rd
    Last edited by FATTS_DC; 29th July 2024 at 17:18.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. What type of follower in the magazine? Some follower legs require adjustment to function.

Posts liked by others
    There is a known slight dimensional difference in the location of the mag catch slot between Para double stacks and the RIA 1911A2 double stacks. The Mec-Gar magazines you bought probably work perfectly in para pistols.

The fix is supposed to be easy, but I don't remember if it involves altering the magazines or the mag catch. I believe it's just a matter of filing a very slight amount out of the mag catch slot on the magazines, but see if you can find something on YouTube to confirm that before you start filing.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside