Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: John needs your help!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

John needs your help!

First of all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

As you all know, 2021 was a strange year, what with all the Covid-19 measures in so many countries.

Unfortunately, Greece (where I live) was not an exception. Several, crazy measures were implemented, starting from having to send an SMS (text message) to a special number, in order to go out of your house,making swimming in the sea illegal, etc, etc. Lately, the government has announced a new measure, to fight Covid.

All those above 60 years old, and not vaccinated, wil have to pay 100 euros per month, as a fine! And yes, I am 64 yo, unvaccinated.

In addition to that, several companies shut down, because of the stupid measures. That affected me too, as I am unemployed since February. If you add the fact of Biden's election and his threats against gun ownership, my income from advertisers in M1911.ORG has been greatly reduced, if not zeroed.

I have now reached a point, where I can't even provide food for my family, let alone pay the monthly bills.

I would therefore like to ask you, M1911.ORG members, to help me. I know this is strange, but I am out of alternatives.

If it is possible, I would sincerely appreciate any small donation you can contribute. Ypu may use my Paypal account for that, at sv1cec@gmail.com. If you do not have Paypal, but still want to contribute, please email me at john@m1911.org.

I would appreciate any help you can provide, no matter how small or large. This is an extreme situation for me and my family. This is NOT a joke!

P.S.: Needless to say, that if someone can offer me a joh, it will also be appreciated! Very much so!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 21st January 2022 at 06:30.

Posts liked by others
    Gosh John, life can be hard and feel it myself, I'm 77 now, but can't imagine not being vaccinated, I lost my sister to Covid in Dec. 2020 before the Vaccine was first offered. Please get it as a positive example to others who are resistant for what ever reason. It doesn't hurt and have had all three to date, this virus and its death toll is real. I will be happy to get a booster as often as recommended. Best.

CAW
    “If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the slogan of the complacent, the arrogant or the scared. It's an excuse for inaction, a call to non-arms.” Colin Powell

Posts liked by others
    Hey John. Can we get an update?
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (16th October 2022)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Well, the government said that this monthly penalty will be stopped, but I haven't seen it yet.

The problem is that I am too old and most companies hiring people here are not very fond of 65 year-olds. So getting a job is next to impossible, been looking for one since February without any luck. I have a hard time putting food on the table for the family.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org