Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Detonics .45 Grip Screw Bushing and screws

Posts liked by others

Detonics .45 Grip Screw Bushing and screws

Looking for New Grip Screw Bushings and screws for Detonics .45. Replacing grips, but screws have become stripped. Can't seem to find 'New' parts for this. 'Standard' 1911 Grip screws I tried appear to be different threads. Anyone know where I can get them? Detonics web site doesn't even seem to list these....

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. Have you tried Gunbroker and eBay?

Posts liked by others
    Gunbroker tried, but only gips.
    eBay tried, but only used.....

Posts liked by others
    Other places to try:

gunpartscorp
    Jack First
    Bob's Gun Parts

You could try setting up Searches on gunbroker and ebay that send you emails when new items appear. There's possibly a dedicated Detonics Forum online.

Posts liked by others
    All,
    Just so anyone else running into this. Number 1, check to see if the thing your ordering are made in China. If so, don't do it. First set I ordered, I did not check. Threads were **** and didn't work. Second order from Amazon, I checked to make sure actually made in U.S. Those fit just fine.