Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Springfield TRP LR9124 CC 4.25

Posts liked by others

Springfield TRP LR9124 CC 4.25

Hello,
    I am new here and was hoping to get any review(s) or opinion(s) on this 4.25-inch lightweight .45.

I am considering ordering one and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. I'm more of a vintage 1911 fan but that looks like a nice pistol.

Posts liked by others
    I wanted to be the first on my block with a Brown Bobtail. I didn't like it in use and traded it away.
    I am noticeably less accurate with the short sight radius and rear balance of a 4.25".
    YMMV

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the welcome.

I wondered about that Jim, the way that it handled and shot.
    I own a TRP full size since 2006, has about 22,000 rounds through it, give or take. Gun is flawless, and accurate.
    Given the price for this lightweight I thought I would get some opinions.

Posts liked by others
    My "newest" 1911 is a 1974 Colt LWC tuned by Wilson Combat. The lightweight frame with loaded magazine and steel slide balances well for me.