Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Review: Cabot Guns CGI/Classic

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Rio Vista Slim Guest

Pistol Review: Cabot Guns CGI/Classic

The pistol test of the new Cabot Guns CGI/Classic has been posted in the M1911.ORG E-zine. You may read it http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?p=536#post536

Please use this thread to discuss the article.

Posts liked by others
    Awesome. I like everything I saw there. The lock box/ display case, the straight forward pistol, the box elder grips, etc. That is NICE! Though, as a friend, I'm sorry to see you have to test another Cabot gun. You poor guy....
    Just my $.02

Posts liked by others
    Excellent review Steve, I've been waiting on that, just to read your thoughts on it. While I'd find it hard to spend that kind of money, guess I can add it to the dream list.

Posts liked by others
    Definately coming across as 1st class all the way, from my way of looking at it. Somthing to be said for having the finest. If I had the dollars, I'd be happily sending them to Cabot. Fine review.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the pics and info.

I'd like it better without the square-ish frame contours at front-strap and dust cover.

That dust cover is gonna be an issue with fitted leather, much like the middle-year Springfields were when they had a similar contour.

A Colt contour of both surfaces would be better, IMO.
    Old enough to know better.

Posts liked by others
    How much more will they charge for a pistol that has features other than GI? While I understand custom work can be expensive, I have a bit of sticker shock; and this from a guy with two Wilsons and two Custom Jobs from Hank Fleming.
    Like so many who undertake arduous journeys, I left a city of wise men and came back to a polis of fools. Ignorance, like time, brooks no returns.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Controller
    How much more will they charge for a pistol that has features other than GI? While I understand custom work can be expensive, I have a bit of sticker shock; and this from a guy with two Wilsons and two Custom Jobs from Hank Fleming.
    The prices for the "RangeMaster" and the "Jones 1911" are listed on Cabot's web site. As far as the custom work that Rob mentioned to me today, I haven't a clue.

I can fully understand the "sticker-shock", and mentioned this in my review. If you are interested, I'm sure you could give Rob a call, and he would go over the various options with you.

EDIT
    To those of you who have read the gun review, and responded in this thread, my sincere "thanks" for your interest.
    Last edited by Rio Vista Slim; 1st November 2011 at 17:56. Reason: additional text

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I took a look, it seems they are all in that range, I guess I was more looking to customizing vs custom features I suppose. This is more properly a question for them as the site is not very clear on this subject. I emailed them and will report back here!
    Like so many who undertake arduous journeys, I left a city of wise men and came back to a polis of fools. Ignorance, like time, brooks no returns.
    Last edited by Combat Controller; 1st November 2011 at 18:25.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for a well written review, a fun easy read. Very nice pistol.
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot
    Dominus Vobiscum . . . <))>(

Posts liked by others
    Thank you Steve. Very interesting.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast