Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabot Guns - General Discussion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMSS
    I just posted pictures for the National Standard Deluxe in the photo thread. I ended up not buying the Kimber Raptor instead I bought the Kimber Super Carry Custom in full size.
    Just viewed the NSD in the photo thread; Wow, what an incredible looking pistol. Can't really tell by the photos, but is it bright polished stainless?

Posts liked by others
    Yes it is a high polish pistol. I had to shoot the photo that way since being in direct sunlight and the angle you can actually see the polishing lines. The camera and lens is high end so they will show every thing. Great pistol and for the stated 2 micron finish you get one nice pistol. I have seen other polish jobs that are a mirror finish without any sign of marks but they take a couple days to complete from a gunsmith to do the work by hand.
    Last edited by SilverMSS; 7th June 2012 at 20:38.

Posts liked by others
    Their will be more pictues posted of the NSD when i get an over cast day I'm thinking of contacting Cabot to see if they are going to make a 3" 1911 for conceal carrying. If they did make one and incorporated round edges on the entire gun (similiar to the Kimber super carry), I would definitely buy one. Planning on ordering a Wilson combat for CC though and god only knows the wait list on that.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice pistol. Congrats!
    You ended up by buying a second Cabot!
    The NSD is also polished by hand.

You can buy a WC from a stocking dealer, so you don't have to wait.
    And if you wish some customizations, you can send it back to Wilson.

Posts liked by others
    Yes, the NSD is polished by hand, my fault for not specifying. It has a great finish, but when it was in the sunlight the slide looks like it was done by a type of rotary tool buffing from the shape of the polishing lines on the slide. If stoning was used on all on all the flat surfaces you would be able to achieve a higher level of polish and no flaws. On the rounded surfaces of the gun you can't see the polishing lines. But if you want a flawless gun with no polishing lines its going to take more time and more money. I love with the way it came out. There are a few things that will be changed on the gun. It will have an extended slide stop that will be polished up and there is a set of Wicked grips on order, and a polished stainless silencer on it will also be installed. It will be one bad gun then.

If I only had to choose one Cabot gun to own out of them all, it would be the NSD. If I had one choice for a practical gun that I wouldn't be afraid of looking at without scratching it, then it would be a Rangemaster, since you wouldn't be afriad to take it out and shoot the heck out of it.

Do they have Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compacts in stock? That is a $5K gun so I wouldn't think it is carried by everyone
    Last edited by SilverMSS; 8th June 2012 at 11:05.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMSS
    Do they have Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compacts in stock? That is a $5K gun so I wouldn't think it is carried by everyone
    Not everyone, but someone...
    You can start with a GunBroker daily search subscription.
    Search the Internet...
    BTW, a guy in a 1911 forum is selling his used one (with a gold bead front sight).

Posts liked by others
    I've looked on gunbroker at them and will probably just buy from the local shop unless I can find it in factory new condition for under retail on gunbroker. It's going to be next year before buying anymore firearms since I'm now broke.
    Last edited by SilverMSS; 8th June 2012 at 15:05.

Posts liked by others
    [QUOTE=SilverMSS]I just posted pictures for the National Standard Deluxe in the photo thread.

I went to the Cabot site to view the NDS and noticed that they now have a glorious new Mr. Jones Delux and at "only" $9450.00. The new MJD is one of the best looking 1911 I have ever viewed. The gun is way out of my league however I can still appreciate it.

Posts liked by others
    Your right it is one nice pistol. I wonder since it's limited to only 10 pistols if that means there is a possiblity they will make 20 of them. I also wonder about the seriel numbers. How are they numbered? They would have to have there own serial number 1 to 10 for the single hand guns, but unless you wanted a match set it would be 2 guns still numbered 1 to 10 but with and extra letters like R or L at the end of each gun.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JGULL
    The gun is way out of my league however I can still appreciate it.

You could always cash out the 401K or sell a kid. LOL Just kidding.
    Last edited by SilverMSS; 9th June 2012 at 11:50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast