Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabot Guns - General Discussion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Cabot Guns - General Discussion

I posted the pictures of the left & right side of the Jones 1911. I also put on the 5 targets we shot at that day. Each picture has the Brand, Grain, Distance and short description included. This is the first time we (wife & I) have shot a 1911. I started out at 42' but moved in to 25' since I was not sure a good starting point. So we are not experts by any means (here comes the excuse of why we stunk lol) but we think we didn't do too bad since we were on the ATV making trips back and forth to the car to the range transporting all the guns, ammo before we started. If anyone has question ask or has general input let us know. I will be taking the gun out more for more practice and to try out Federal hollow points and some other kinds of ammo. So far between the Federal AE and the Winchester, seems I do better with the Federal but I still have a ton of ammo left of each brand so time will tell. Next time I'll only run one kind through, strip and clean the gun then test the other brand.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice looking pistol. Great shooting!

Posts liked by others

Ironwood grips

Thank you for the pictures.
    Your Jones is a very nice 1911.

I was wondering why do you have two pairs of ironwood grips.
    You did not like the first one?

Posts liked by others

Grips/slide stop

The reason for 2 grips is the set that came on the gun was made for the normal slide stop button. My wife has small hands so i wanted the extended slide stop for her, and normal for me. I bought another set of grips to accommodate the extended slide stop (which had to be ordered separate). The grips need to be cut down for the extended slide stop to function. Now that I have used both I prefer the extended myself since it's easier. Cabot still list the extended on their website and when I received mine I asked why it didn't have the extended. Cabot has went to doing the normal slide stops instead of the extended slide stops (which they need to edit their site) So the easiest thing for me to do was to buy an extra set of grips and extended stop to have the best of both worlds.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMSS
    ...This is the first time we (wife & I) have shot a 1911. ...
    Very interesting.
    You spent more than $5000 for your first 1911 and purchased a Cabot.
    A lot of people here wrote a lot "why not Cabot". Can you explain
    your personal reasons for choosing a Jones and not a Wilson Supergrade
    or a full custom 1911 (or any other expensive 1911)?

Posts liked by others

"Why, Not Cabot" but "Why Not A Cabot?"

1. New Company
    2. Top Model + Low Seriel # = Possible Investment
    3. Appearance & Availbilty - How many people do you know that has one? If you seen one, would you not ask the person about it? So it's a great conversation starter for meeting & making new friends.
    4. The final reason is my wife let me buy it. LOL.

Don't think I will not own any other 1911's this is just my first one. Their will be a few more I'll be adding over the course of the next year (again thank god the wife likes the 1911 over my revolvers). One of them will be the Kimber Raptor II.

Posts liked by others
    ... One of them will be the Kimber Raptor II.
    Well, you spent all your money for the Jones, now it has to be ...less expensive

Kidding...

The Raptor looks good on pictures, but it's another (lower) league.

If your wife consents, I would rather go for a high end Nighthawk or Wilson.
    The availability is poor, but if you spend some time googling
    you will find some stocking dealer with very nice semi-customs (with options).

Posts liked by others
    When I save enough money I would like to get another Cabot so each one of my boys can have one. The other companies are down the road. My next few guns are Cabot or Kimber since it's a bit cheaper then a Cabot, Cooper 22, Benelli M4 h2o tactical shotgun

Posts liked by others
    One of them will be the Kimber Raptor II.
    I love my Raptor, it's a great pistol and every bit as reliable as my WC, EB & Colts. Although it doesn't have a commensurate level of quality parts and the fit & finish doesn't compare to the WC & EB; those differences are reflected in the Raptor's lower price point.

Posts liked by others
    I just posted pictures for the National Standard Deluxe in the photo thread. I ended up not buying the Kimber Raptor instead I bought the Kimber Super Carry Custom in full size.
    Last edited by SilverMSS; 7th June 2012 at 12:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast