Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Volkmann Signature

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11
    Just one thing , what's an HP cut?
    It is the narrowing of the sides of the slide, near the front of the gun, either with a vertical gradual step or (usually) diagonally, depending on the angle of the rear slide serrations.

It is also known as a 'carry cut'.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 28th March 2012 at 15:21.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11
    As I type this with my "desk jockey" hands, I am not leaving fingerprints on my iPhone, so you are probably right about no wear on the trigger

Just one thing , what's an HP cut?
    High power carry cuts ala Falcon and BHP's. Did I get that wrong?
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Alright, I have 2 full size guns from Luke, one that's ion bonded and built for combat and another full stainless with no serrations up front.
    I've bought and sold more guns than most people will ever own and these are the only 2 I'll never part with.
    You won't be sorry and it'll be worth the wait, good move

Posts liked by others
    Jeff:

+1 on the HP cuts; I think that's a really good looking, and functional (for those of us in CCW states, anyway) modification.

Take care,

Rick

Posts liked by others

And Heeere it is!!

Ion bond finish
    Mirror polished slide
    Ball cuts
    Serrated slide heel
    High cut grip
    Gold FS
    Volkmann Battlehook Rear sight
    Flush & bevel slide stop
    Wicked grips
    Volkmann bushing
    3.5 lb trigger

Range report: 200 down the pipe It is perfect. Tight, smooth, fit, finish, accurate. I could go on, but I think you get it.

Nicest surprise was I rolled the dice on the Volkmann battle hook rear sight. This is the best rear sight picture I have ever seen. The notch is cut a smidge deeper and wider than the Heinie Ledge, and has a cleaner look as it only requires one mill cut in the slide vs two for the ledge.

As usual, working directly with the guy building the gun ( Luke Volkmann) was an absolute pleasure. This is my second Volkmann. I hope to buy one in 9mm before I retire.

It just doesn't get better. Thank you Luke !
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    Beautiful pistol! Luke is a true craftsman and you have very good taste!

Posts liked by others
    Purrrty!!!

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Py

Below is a copy of the thread I for feedback on the build specs.

I am considering a new 5" 1911. I currently own a Volkmann Combat Carry commander sized gun and could not be more pleased. I have looked at NHC and Wilson and I just keep coming back to the Signature. Here's what I'm thinking:

Bead Blast Stainless finish
    Small parts in Diamond Black
    U notch rear site
    Green Fiber optic front
    High cut grip
    Three hole long trigger, 3.5 lb pull
    Top of slide , rear of slide serrations
    Volkmann Bushing
    Recessed slide stop
    Not sure on magwell.

So anyway, for those of you who own Signatures:

1) What do you think of my option list. Anything I should add
    2) If you were to order your gun over again, what would you do different.

I ended up choosing a pistol quite different than my starting point with a little help from my friends
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on your new acquisition, Badabing. That is one awesome 1911!

... they will soar on wings like eagles.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Eagle,

I could not be happier with this pistol. If anyone is looking for a custom pistol, I think Luke is the best there is.

He is now doing work on customer supplied guns such as Colts, Springfields, Kimbers etc. Check out his website. He has some sweet looking pictures in his photo gallery.

I can't think of a better way to build a semi custom.
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12