Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warning! ebay deals

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Greetings,
    I got hit by this guy a while back. He advertised 6 Colt Officers model mags. I paid around $60.00 for the lot, and lo and behold, not one of the mags had the colt logo on them. I emailed the guy and got nowhere, and eventually pitched the mags since they were such ****. Once again, you get what you pay for. I think I will just stick to getting my Wilson mags from Wilson.
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Posts liked by others

Unhappy

Ebay won't do anything about this seller , because he is one of their power sellers with almost 9000 feedbacks. These are the people that has made Ebay rich and they won't hurt the hand that feeds them.

Posts liked by others
    I still wonder how this guy can get so many positive feedback points if he is selling the kind of junk that is being described here. I am hesisant to bid on any of his items because of what has been written, but how can there be that many people who like his stuff?

Rich G.

Posts liked by others

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by richg
    I still wonder how this guy can get so many positive feedback points if he is selling the kind of junk that is being described here. I am hesisant to bid on any of his items because of what has been written, but how can there be that many people who like his stuff?

Rich G.
    You could buy from him one time and form your own opinion and if you get ripped don't buy again. Like Gomer Pyle said fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me.

Posts liked by others

richg

The answer in my case was simple. I posted my feedback when I received the goods and they LOOKED OK. It wasn't until a week after that I found out how poor the mags were!.
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

myl1a1 Guest

reddogxx A+(2505) on gunbroker.com
    I bought what he e-mailed me as oem HK 45 usp mags, I knew they where not but for the price I like to have some extras. He did ship me new pro-mag usp 45 hicaps. They do work well. I have plenty of factory hicaps but only bring them out when needed. I would not trust him again but I gather anyone getting to my post aftewr all the rest would have figured that out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234