Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning! ebay deals

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I see he is still advertizing a batch of custom magazines( ha ha) for sale on e-bbay. I did contact Wilsons about their name being associated with his junk, but they didn't seem overly concerned. I am afraid I cannot leave feedback without buying more nonfunctioning mags from him, although I am tempted to buy some just to leave feed back.

Posts liked by others

Red face Metalform Mags

Gentlemen,
    I have 4 new spare mags on the way from Springfield. The cost was 9 dollars and something each for the metal form blued mags when using the coupon (orange) which came with the pistol upon purchase in Nov 2004.
    These are high quality mags and from metalform the order # is 45-293. The number to order them from Springfield Armory is RI45293. These are the 7 rounders with the welded base plate and work well in all of my guns. I hope this helps other readers for i like these mags better than any other i have tried.
    The address for metal form is www.metalformcompany.com
    Last edited by cottontoptexan; 5th January 2005 at 17:51. Reason: Needed to ad additonal data.

Posts liked by others

cottontoptexan

When you really think about it there isn't much of a reason to buy from this guy to start with. I am glad we are getting the word out. I gave a bunch of the **** I got from reddogg away to a guy who was going to salvage the springs. Think I'll try my hand at photography and take some pics of one of the mags I still have that he sent me as being new Colt mags. What a joke!
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    i bought a nowlin trigger job kit(spring, hammer, sear, disconnector) from reddogalaskan a while back. i think the stuff that i got wouldn't even qualify as nowlin rejects...real junk.

Posts liked by others

Redddogggxxxxalaskan

I too am a victim of the redddddogggg bite!!!! I run a Springfield MilSpec that digests most magazines no problem, and my big dog TRP. The TRP only likes the factory 7 rounders, but I use 10 rd IPSC Colt mags in my MilSpec. I boght a set of 4 new colt custom blah blah etc etc, not one would fit, sent them back, and he promplty sent out replacements, that he personllay tetsed in his 1911 ( question ...... did he test them in a real 1911 or an airsoft pistol) they didnt fit either. I did bad though, I posted them on ebay along with some triple k mags I didnt like and sold them. Dumped Red dog from my list ............. so heres the deal, any body gets a hit on a good supplier, talk them up here, I will support them.

I am working on an adaptable light rail for the 1911 frame for all those pistols without a light rail. Prototype is on the TRP and running fine. I am getting quotes from metal formers and also a Zytel version.

Stay tuned.......................

Posts liked by others
    Best advice I could give anybody is buy new and buy quality when it comes to mags.. If Wilsons don't work in your gun they will in someone elses. I hope you posted negative feedback.
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others

ebay

I got on ebay today and attempted to find a way to omit all of reddog's items from appearing on my list but am unsure how to do it. Has anyone had success doing so?
    From my cold, dead, hands!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by lil toad
    I got on ebay today and attempted to find a way to omit all of reddog's items from appearing on my list but am unsure how to do it. Has anyone had success doing so?
    Yes. But it means being more specific in the search terms. If you click the "Search Title and Descriptions" checkbox, and include a "-reddog*" in the search terms, and voila! his listings are gone. But you will pick up a lot of other listings because this searches the body of the eBay listings not just the titles.

Hope this helps.

Rich G.

Posts liked by others

thanks

Gotcha! Thanks.
    From my cold, dead, hands!

Posts liked by others
    I took a hit there too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast