Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning! ebay deals

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Warning! ebay deals

Please If you are in the market for a deal on magazines, stay far far away from reddalaskan's Custom factory magazines! I got duped big time.
    1 these i received had cracked feed lips that had been welded. NEW?
    2 Whoever welded them didnt hide it very well, and had to grind the right rear of the follower to clear the welg glob on the inside of the feed lips.
    3 all four of them have been reworked in the same way. All I have are new? magazine springs. The rest of the parts will recieve a proper burial. I can not in good concience return them. Someone else might wind up with them.

Posts liked by others

Bruce P.

Welcomer to those of us who have been stuck with his ****! John should post this as a sticky and do all of us a favour. John you are in Greece so he can't do you any harm financially. The guy is a crook pure and simple.
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I may be in Greece and not risk financial harm from him, but my sites are international and so is eBay.

So this thread is stuck, to warn others about the potential problem.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Rgds
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I will buy the occasional Gun Digest, or something like that on eBay, but not anything else. I do buy a lot on the internet, but not from strangers or individuals I have no way of checking on.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Posts liked by others
    There's a guy that regularly posts parts on here; glockthirtysix. I can personaly vouch for him. I've bought many parts from him, all are as described, and he ships fast. Great to deal with.

Posts liked by others

Thumbs down buyers beware

i bought an advertised wilson springs and followers from that reddogalaskan too. and man i was ripped off!!! the followers wont fit the mags, and the springs??? they are thicker than the original wilson and looks like an idiot coil it! and instead of getting the regular 8 rounds, it converted the mags into 7 rounders!!! and sometimes the springs will bind and get stuck into the mags!! man i was roobed!! buyers beware..

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone alerted Bill Wilson about this? I am sure he would be interested to learn this.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I would say Brown and some others need to be warned as well. As that guy advertises Brown parts too, as well as Nowlin & Colt.

Posts liked by others
    First post here ,I had to register and comment after reading this.
    I too purchased the mags that were on ebay,also bought the springs and followers.
    I was sadly disappointed by the craftsmanship they had been welded and slightly smoothed but a very poor job.I conntacted him and he said that if I sent them back he would give a refund.He said that he hadn't had any problems out of them and this was strange.Funny to see someone else had the same experience.Seemed like a good deal I guess I'll stick with the ole "get what you pay for" saying.

Jason

Posts liked by others
    I, too, came close to buying something from reddogalaskan, but after seeing his name on here I didn't. As far as eBay goes, I've bought and sold quite a few things on there, and have almost always been pleased. I know most of you guys like fancy 8 round or more mags, but I have always preferred the look and feel of the standard gov't issue variety. There's a guy on eBay who sells lots of unissued, never used, still in the paper gov't magazines for a very decent price. I'm not affiliated with the guy other than being a satisfied customer. Here's a link to one of his auctions:
    Unissued gov't Colt mags
    I got two of these from him, and they have functioned flawlessly in my RIA.
    Paul X. Danner
    NRA Life Member
    Email me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast