Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: One Thing At A Time

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

One Thing At A Time

Last Saturday I went to my monthly club IDPA match anticipating doing better than the previous match, or hoping anyway. Using my Kimber Pro Raptor I have previously shot 500-600 flawless rounds. Anywho, it's finally my turn up, shooter make ready, shooter ready? Nod my head indicating, "you bet your bippy I'm ready"! BEEP...

To make a long story short, I had 2 FTE and 2 stove pipes with the first eight round clip +1. During the course of the day I had another 3-4 through 60 rounds of ammo.

As an IDPA shooter you know it's not as simple as walking a couple hundred yards and retrieving the spare weapon you remembered to bring.

As I said, previously I had 500-600 flawless rounds before this match. In the days prior to the match, I replaced the recoil and trigger springs since I was somewhere close to 1,000 total rounds through it (a guess and I don't count).

For good measure I took along 4 of my brand new Wilson 47D magazines never used. I have always used Remington UMC .45 ammo with this gun, but not this time, I grabbed two boxes of Federal .45 I picked up on sale. I know Kimbers can be picky sometimes with certain ammo.

Lesson learned. All three of the things I did prior to the match could have caused or contributed to my problems. In the future I'll not make multiple changes at one time. This is also my EDC weapon and needs to be 100% reliable should it ever needed.

Now I'll have to determine which of the three is giving me problems, or something else. Needless to say, when seconds count in an IDPA match, I was only minutes away from victory

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Dennis for providing the classic situation that supports the old saying:"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Sorry to hear this happened and hope you get it worked out before the next match.

Be safe
    Dave
    Maybe not the sharpest tack in the box......but not dull!

Posts liked by others
    "Trigger spring"?

Kimber has a new model with a trigger spring?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    They use clips, too, apparently.

Posts liked by others
    I must have "trigger" on the brain? I meant FP spring...