Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Brite-Strike Blue Dot lights reviewed

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Brite-Strike Blue Dot lights reviewed

Please use this thread to discuss the Brite-Strike Blue Dot lights, reviewed in our E-zine.

Thanks.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Nice work John!

The toggling on/off switch, that changes between modes, seems to be a common 'feature' among multi-mode lights.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I agree, it is. That's not what bothered me with this one though.

What bothered me is that when you switch off the light, you need to advance to the mode before the one, in which you want the light to switch on, the next time.

I have other lights with multiple modes, which can be programmed to switch on, at whatever mode you want. No matter from which mode you switch off, the light always comes on at the mode you have selected.

For someone whose life doesn't depend on his/her equipment, that is not a big deal, but for police officers in the line of duty, I think it can be an issue. Of course, as you know, I am no police officer, so I may be wrong about it. The founders of Brite-Strike are, so they probably know better than me, what suits an LEO and what not.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    What I should have written before, is that the changing/advancing of modes every time the light switches on and off, is relatively common, at least according to another review I ran into, somewhere. The reviewer there mentioned that he prefers single-mode lights for tactical applications, just for this reason.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Good review, looks like an excellent product, and I loved the night to light pics.

Just one complait; what size is it? There are no visual references, a hand, soda can, a 1911, etc.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Both lights are 5" long about average to smaller than the typical 2-CR123 batteries lights.

One more thing, which I added to the review yesterday.

According to Brite-Strike, the -HLS version of the flashlights, if left switched off for more than 5 seconds, will go to its high beam when it is switched on again. That small detail changes my view of that light, since it removes my single objection for it.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    I live near Brite Strike and have had the opportunity to meet Glenn and Sarah Bushee....top notch people. I have had the light reviewed for 2 years and love it!

Posts liked by others

compare the other two lights outside

would have been nice to see the other two lights in the outside night demonsstration, in the first photo the middle light looks dramatically brighter to me,

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Give a day or two and I'll snap another picture comparing the lights outside. I need to get some help, three hands for the lights plus another two for the camera.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    As I promised, here is a picture showing two of the three lights shown in the review, during the night, at a distance of about 30 meters.

Brite-Strike on the left, the other light on the right.

As you can see, the other light beam is slightly brighter, something I expected, since the Blue Dot pattern is a little more dispersed. Sorry I couldn't hold three lights and the camera at the same time. The other flashlight beam is more concentrated.

Shutter speed and aperture are the same as for the previous pictures, but I think the night was not as dark as the other day. The picture is unedited, as it came from the camera, I just cropped it a little to focus on the two beams. This camera has a wide-angle lens, so if I didn't crop it, there would be a lot of black space.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Last edited by John; 12th March 2012 at 16:29.