Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maglite LED upgrades in our E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon, my unit turns on the same way my light did originally. No where near as bright and without the focus feature. Bought my unit at Wallyworld.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Great review. I am somewhat economy minded myself. I have 3 Streamlight Stinger flashlights for work. I bought Terra Lux LED Modules for 2 of them with the same results as you. They are bright and the batteries never seem to go dead.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others

The Downside....

I found the downside to doing an LED conversion to my Mag Lite 2D models.They always worked great,and the batteries seemed to last forever(Unlike the original models)but a couple of months age I was using my wifes Maglite(She gets her own)and it seemed a little dimmer than usual,so I unscrewed the tailcap to drop the batteries out and turned it upside down and....Nothing!The batteries would not drop out.I looked inside to see that the batteries had leaked and were stuck fast!I then checked my Maglite I keep by the nightstand only to find the batteries had leaked in it too!Funny thing was it still worked great and was plenty bright.I took them out to the workbench and tried to bang them out but to no avail.I wound up going to Maglites website and after looking it over I found that Maglite would repair or replace any of their flashlights damaged by leaking batteries free of charge IF the batteries were from the big 3 battery makers(Duracell,Energizer,or RayoVac)They would even pay the return shipping.What a deal!I knew that one of my lights had DuraCell batteries and there was an even chance the other light did too.Maglite stated that if it was damaged by an off brand battery the charge would be $12 for a new tube.After finding this info ,I removed the LED bulbs and put the originals back in and packed them up and sent them off to Maglite.After 3 weeks or so I went to the mail box and found a package containing 2 brand new Maglites!The invoice stated there was no charge.Is this a great company or what?Maybe our country would be a lot better off if there were more companies like Maglite.The lesson here is to check the batteries in your Maglites at least once a yr even if they are still working fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12