Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polymer Frame

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    We are awaiting to hear from the agency which handles PR issues.

Stay tuned.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Last we heard about this, is that production has been shifted towards Spring 2013. So don't expect to see it any time soon.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    No solid news on the polymer frame guns at SHOT 2013; nothing on display at the booth. Only info offered was to keep an eye on the website for future developments.

My guess is that all resources are committed to AR production and development where they've been and will most likely continue to earn their income. Can't fault the business decision but I sure wish they'd get back to their beginnings.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Why build a polymer 1911?

Because almost everyone else makes some sort of plastic abomination now. The frame of these plastic critters only cost a couple of bucks to make. They'll save a ton of money and be one of the first kids on the block to make such a pistol.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Well the thing is, it's still not out... but there IS somebody selling so-called 80% frames, selling a half-polymer 1911 frame that looks an awful lot like the one shown in RRA's website...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daveohno
    Why build a polymer 1911?
    I'll buy one... two if they do a Commander as well.
    A (hopefully) premium quality "lightweight" government that will take nearly all standard 1911 parts (a bit if customization ya' know), that has a steel feed ramp, slide rails and pin holes, has the feel function and serviceability of a standard 1911 with perhaps a bit of polymer recoil reduction to offset the weight savings... for around $800. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by daveohno
    They'll save a ton of money and be one of the first kids on the block to make such a pistol.
    And hopefully, that savings will be invested in premium quality components and fitment for the rest of the gun... at least that would be my logic.

C
    Have file... will ruin.

Posts liked by others
    I contacted RRA a couple weeks back and was told via email reply that the Poly 1911 will not be available until late 2013 or early 2014.

Larry

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the update Larry. The date keeps slipping and slipping.

Posts liked by others
    You're welcome. I thought I saw a posting when I google'd Polymer Framed 1911's about EAA also bringing out a Polymer Framed 1911 that was going to be available in different colors with a picatinny rail, but now can not seem to find it.

Larry

Posts liked by others
    I don't know that I would ever want to own one but it would be nice to look one over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast