Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Polymer Frame

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Well, they're advertising them in certain gun magazines, but I have yet to see one.

Posts liked by others
    Rock River showed the Polymer 1911s again at SHOT 2014. They are still planning the production and sales of this piece. Doesn't seem that much has changed in the gun but the passing of Mark Larson was tragic and changed many schedules at the shop and within their production schedules.

The pistol looks great although there will be slight changes prior to actual production. The price is still slated in the <$1,000 range, yes I heard something lower, call them if you want a more exact price. I believe that mid summer was given as an approximate start date.

I hope they get this one worked out as it will be good to have RRA in the 1911 game again.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    For what it's worth, the RRA catalog showed up in my mailbox yesterday. There it is on page 7, though it just says to contact RRA for more information and pricing.

Here's what they printed in the catalog:

5", 1:16 LH, Chrome Moly barrel
    Polymer frame
    Polymer MSH
    Steel frame insert/steel slide
    Beavertail grip safety/Commander hammer
    Aluminum speed trigger
    RRA dovetail front/rear sights
    Parkerized
    2.04 pounds
    2 7-round mags
    polymer holster
    polymer mag loader
    fitted case

Interesting but I don't know if I'd be interested. Would like to see one, though, and give RRA a chance to change my mind.
    Dan

The takeoff is always optional, but the landing is mandatory.

Posts liked by others
    The RRA website still has them listed as coming soon.
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=559
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    I just wonder why some people have a problem with a poly 1911, I believe a lot has to do with the word "poly" because when people hear poly they think of Glock and we know many 1911 owners dislike Glock, The "Tupperware" pistol. It still has a steel frame just so much less steel. The RR boys are 1911 lovers, I believe it will be a hit if they are built as well as their past 1911's. RRA is moving with the technology and keeping up with the time, those that don't will be left behind. I only own two types of pistols, Glock and 1911's. JMO

Posts liked by others
    I suppose for me although poly guns are very functional. I have maybe two of them one H&K and one FN. Each gun is reliable and more accurate than I can shoot. With regards why I do not prefer them I think these and other modular guns have removed the art of gun making. It is probably just another age thing, I also dislike PVC pipe. It's advent made plumbers of every one.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Segars View Post
    With regards why I do not prefer them I think these and other modular guns have removed the art of gun making. It is probably just another age thing, I also dislike PVC pipe. It's advent made plumbers of every one.
    so true, those DIY warehouses made plumbers, carpenters, electricians and brick layers out of everyone. I am not against the DIY people but at the same time it put people out of business.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234