Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polymer Frame

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New Rock River Arms 1911..

Anyone seen the new polymer frame Rock River Arms 1911??? It does NOT have a full length guide rod!!!

"GIVE ME A FAST SHIP, AND I WILL SAIL IN HARMS WAY" JOHN PAUL JONES USN

Posts liked by others

Polymer Frame

I read on another forum where RRA is introducing a single stack 1911 with a polymer frame. Has anyone here seen it?

Posts liked by others
    It was only just announced, and it won't be available until June. Looks interesting but I have to wonder why they're going it.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tekarra
    I read on another forum where RRA is introducing a single stack 1911 with a polymer frame. Has anyone here seen it?
    Here it is:
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...571#post903571
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Multiple threads merged.

Carry on.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I'll pass on it.

Posts liked by others
    A polymer single-stack frame? Why?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    The brief article I read mentioned that it may help lower production costs. Projected MSRP was ~800. If that holds true, it may due well competing against some of the Kimbers and Springfields.

Posts liked by others
    I'm at a total loss trying to figure out who this pistol is supposed to appeal to. A single-stack plastic frame 1911 seems to have little appeal to any segment of the market, IMO. Why did RRA quit making their 1911 line to start with? Didn't they have a decent reputation?
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 7th February 2012 at 12:40.

Posts liked by others
    Rock river stopped 1911 production to put all its eggs into building AR's when the gun buying hysteria occured after the obama election. I figure the AR market is close to saturation and they can now focus on pistols again.Considering how many 1911's are out there it is hard to believethat the 1911 market isn't saturated either.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast