Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M1911 Knife / Ultimate Equipment

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp
    Have the knives changed since they first came out?
    I believe they have, they are on generation 3 right now I believe, and when they first came out they were being made in china, but now they are made in Canada. I have not even got mine yet, but I can tell they have been improved along the way, and this should be all I want in a knife.

Youtube has some video reviews of this knife, but pay attention to the dates of the video's and possibly the generation of the knife if they mention that.

Posts liked by others
    Got the knife, it is truly a great piece of equipment, ultimate I would say!

It will be an EDC for me for now, I thought the size might be cumbersome, but with the pocket clip it comfortably fits in my front pocket and I hardly notice its there...

I bought the ebony grip model, as I wanted to swap those out with the "Sig Sauer" Ebony grips on my Carry 1911, and put the Sig grips on the knife. But I like the Sig grips now, and their small name on them does not bother me as much as i had thought...

I had a Colt LW Commander that I had done some work on, and it had dark rosewood grips (which I love) but it needed black grips, swapped the ones on the knife for the rosewoods on the Colt, and I am a VERY happy camper!

The knife looks awesome now, as I had originally wanted to buy the rosewood grip model anyways... and the Colt looks and FEELS so much better with the ebony grips from the M1911 knife...

Couldnt be happier with the knife, it is TOP quality, fits my hand so very nicely, and functions flawlessly! A true joy to own and carry!

Sorry for the terrible pic, i'm no photographer...

Stay Safe!

-Scott

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on a nice looking knife! I liked this set of rosewood grips on mine.

Posts liked by others
    Very sweet! I like the dark knife blade/body, does it stay black or chip scratch at all? is it just a coating? Durable? Nice grips, and nice EMP!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by sstpierre
    Very sweet! I like the dark knife blade/body, does it stay black or chip scratch at all? is it just a coating? Durable? Nice grips, and nice EMP!
    The finish on my other black knives has shown wear on the edges and I expect this one will as well as it gets more use.

Posts liked by others
    I got one of these in the "compact" size but it isn't very compact. It's slightly shorter than the standard but seems to be just as wide and bulky. I love the look and function of it, but man is it big. At least for a pocket knife, anyway.

I put the clip on it, stuck it in my pocket and it seemed way too big for that so I tried the belt pouch and it sticks out quite a bit. I may try the pocket clip again and wear it around a bit to see if it seems as big wearing it as it does looking at it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcykler
    I got one of these in the "compact" size but it isn't very compact. It's slightly shorter than the standard but seems to be just as wide ...
    Well, it kinda has to be — how else would the Officer's size grips fit it??
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros
    Well, it kinda has to be — how else would the Officer's size grips fit it??
    I should clarify that. I meant thick. If I can find a way to do so, I'm going to plane down the grips I removed from my RIA CS Tactical and put those on it and see if it helps any. DIY thin grips.

Posts liked by others
    I got one of these in the "compact" size but it isn't very compact. It's slightly shorter than the standard but seems to be just as wide and bulky. I love the look and function of it, but man is it big. At least for a pocket knife, anyway.

I put the clip on it, stuck it in my pocket and it seemed way too big for that so I tried the belt pouch and it sticks out quite a bit. I may try the pocket clip again and wear it around a bit to see if it seems as big wearing it as it does looking at it.
    I carry mine with pocket clip in the front right pocket and have grown quite used to it. It is the full size, and I dont even notice it anymore. I too thought it would be too big for EDC but it has served me well, and the size does not bother me at all. I like having this size knife at my disposal, and after making a lanyard for it out of paracord, it pops right out if I ever need it with one hand... (I'll post a pic later of in pocket and the lanyard I made for it...)
    Last edited by sstpierre; 14th April 2012 at 12:05.

Posts liked by others
    I should clarify that. I meant thick. If I can find a way to do so, I'm going to plane down the grips I removed from my RIA CS Tactical and put those on it and see if it helps any. DIY thin grips.
    Yes, they are all going to be the same thickness, but you can install shallow grip bushings and thin grips, it will still be just as wide at the lock release though, but I had read somewhere where someone did install thinner grips... (It should make a difference for you)

I'll see if I can dig that post out later as they also had pics if I remember correctly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast