Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 SHOT Show Discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

2012 SHOT Show Discussion thread

We have started our 2012 SHOT Show report in our E-zine at:

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=120

Discuss it here.

Also, do watch our pages in Facebook or Tweeter, we'll be uploading pictures of new things there.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Great work John, you know I wish I was there...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Thanks John! Looking forward to more reports from SHOT. I've never had the opportunity to go but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. One of these days I'll have to make my way out there
    A man that does not own a gun is a subject.
    A man that owns a gun is a citizen.
    A man that has his gun taken from him is a slave.

Colt Gold Cup National Match, Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5.5" SS

Posts liked by others
    Looks like a fine day at the range. I'm particularly taken by the new Colt CCO.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I didn't shoot the Gold Cup because it has a standard GI grip safety with a spur hammer, a combination that always draws blood from hand.
    That's not acceptable, you're El Comandante and as our fearless leader you're expected to take one for the team. Now the harden-the-heck up and get back to the range. But seriously, the insight into the Shot Show is thrilling and much appreciated. The stars in the Cabot triggers actually trips my trigger, I dig it. Wonder if the lack of bus service is a further sign of a bad economy or lack of planning. Either way, that's unacceptable.

Posts liked by others
    There was a different looking Special Combat Officer's last year, that I don't think made it into production. If I recall correctly I believe it was a lightweight model.

*EDIT* My goodness how time flies. I searched the forum for Special Combat Officer's and see that we discussed this after Shot Show 2010!!!

LHS
    Last edited by LHS905; 17th January 2012 at 15:11.

Posts liked by others
    John, hope your having a good time and look forward to more reports. Those are some nice Cabot pictures you've posted.

Posts liked by others
    I need one of the new Rock Islands in .22 Magnum. The Mark IV Mod 2 micrometer eyeball tells me that Armscor may have slightly stretched the fore-aft dimension of the grip frame and mag well. There's a lot of flat real estate forward of the grip panels, and Armscor is not one of the companies guilty of making 1911s with too-square front straps.

A comment in passing: I am not sure that the NSSF is to blame for the bus routes and schedules. They sponsor the show, to be sure, but I believe they hire a professional exhibition company to do the grunt work. My e-mails regarding press credentials went to and were responded to by a group calling themselves Reed Expo.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I'm not so sure about the frame 'stretching'... it wouldn't be easy, for a maker using investment castings. The one in .22 LR we saw last year seems to have some extra realestate too, between the grip panels and the frontstrap, albeit not as much as this one. Perhaps they're using a different program to machine their investment castings (if not, why not sell the slide assembly as a kit?), which gives the frontstrap a different look..?

I don't think the .22 Magnum is available here in Greece, is this cartridge longer than .45 Auto?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros
    I don't think the .22 Magnum is available here in Greece, is this cartridge longer than .45 Auto?
    I think so......
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast