Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cylinder & Slide 100th Anniversary Reproduction, part 2

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

That's #1, Bill had it with him at the SHOT Show and I shot the above pictures under less than perfect lighting. We couldn't even find a piece of cloth to clean the pistol from the fingerprints we had left on it. These pistols are ... adorable!

And yes, Bill told me that he had the first few ready to ship, so your #3 should by now be on its way to you. CONGRATS!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 27th January 2012 at 00:19.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 1855
    It's here. Picked up C&S Heritage 1911 #3 this evening. This one was in the first production run from about 2 weeks ago (pre SHOT).
    Congratulations Jim . Oh my, what an amazing pistol. I'm sad that it will forever be out of my reach, but I'm thrilled over the fact that there are a handful of folks such as yourself that can claim ownership.

I know that I'm about to make a bold, subjective, controversial and very opionated statement, but in my opinion, these Centennials that Bill & C&S have created, represent the most significant 1911 built in the last 100 years. As far as I'm concerned, nothing comes close.

Posts liked by others
    Just from looking at the pics, all I can say is job well done C&S and congrats on yours Jim!
    A man that does not own a gun is a subject.
    A man that owns a gun is a citizen.
    A man that has his gun taken from him is a slave.

Colt Gold Cup National Match, Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5.5" SS

Posts liked by others
    Congrats; that's a once in a lifetime pistol for sure!

Take care,

Rick

Posts liked by others
    Beautiful pistol, kinda takes ya back in time looking at it.I really dig this forum....lotta knowledge here...thanx to all.Best wishes from Chicago.
    45acp..because shooting twice is silly.

Posts liked by others

Drool with envy

Jim,
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience and photos. I am waiting for mine to be built, and I think at #23, it may take several more months. I intend to shoot mine as well, although will probably wear a little duct tape on the web of my hand just to keep the hammer bite blood from getting on the gun.

Did you also receive the info booklet and "tool" Bill is producing?

I'll post photos as well when mine arrives. Thanks again, Steve
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Steve & all,

Just got the book "The First 500" and the tool. The book, written by Walt J. Kuleck, PH.D, is very informative and discusses the history of the early competition and trials guns. There are many photos of the difference between the first guns and the changes that came shortly after. The tool is interesting, nicely finished and will probably never get used.

Shooting it, now I'm not sure. A knowledgeable friend visited the other day, he was a skeptic right up to the time I opened the case and he had a chance to see and handle it. He has more 1911 guns than I and many from very well known 'smiths; his comment was that this one was about the prettiest gun he'd ever seen. He couldn't stop talking about the bluing and polishing. His suggestion was to keep it pristine. I have plenty of other guns to shoot, maybe I'll shoot the Brown Centennial instead of the C&S. The Brown while very nice seems rather mundane and ordinary in comparison.

While I do think that it is a waste of the art to not shoot it for a brief instance common sense (whatever that is) seems to be taking over.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Absolutely stunning!
    Don't shoot it....keep it perfect.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 1855
    Shooting it, now I'm not sure. While I do think that it is a waste of the art to not shoot it for a brief instance common sense (whatever that is) seems to be taking over.
    To shoot or not to shoot would be a no brainer for me Jim - DON'T SHOOT IT. What would be the point? Much like yourself, folks that buy that pistol already have several more 1911's to shoot. It's not as though that pistol is going to shoot or feel any different than any other high quality .45 1911. But, since that pistol will likely always be worth more than most others, why shoot its value down the barrel one round at a time?

But, that's the wonderful thing about being the owner; you get to decide its fate. You may decide that shooting it would give you a once in a lifetime opportunity, or you may determine that the limited edition masterpiece should simply just be admired for what it represents. Either way, it's a blessing to have such a choice.

Posts liked by others

Ultimate 1911

Ever since I shot my first 1911....................need I say more?

Here is a bit more...
    I would like to be the first 1911 guy to say: "this is the first TRUE Colt clone, in 100 years of trying". Come on, just look at this work of art!

The dream of shooting it:
    Don't they test fire it? I think YOU should test fire it also, just once, or twice, or................OK once.

Thank you for sharing this image with ALL of us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast