Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laid Away Remington R1 Enhanced

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Wow !!

You do move fast Mr. Ace. I'm glad you got the pistol home so soon and I'm sure the minor wrinkles will work out in time. The gurus here are a great source of knowledge and tips. One thing I might suggest is to avoid reacting too quickly to the "opening day" jitters. It may be better to live with somethings for a while as you flush out and come to understand what's going on. The guys and girls here are a great help but they can be pretty demanding when it comes to diagnosing problems so take your time, try to be as observant as possible and give these folk what they need to help you out.

You mention "tingling and nerve damage" in your post. I'm not a doctor but I have been around a lot of injuries in a semi-professional capacity. So I offer a gentle word of caution as some conditions can be aggravated with repetition. I myself have suffered from "repetitive use" injuries through simple things like carrying a too-heavy brief case for too long. Carpel Tunnel syndrome is quite common in this modern-day time where keyboards are used with poor typing posture. So do listen to the tingling because you are being sent a message. You might go so far as to consult your doctors about the stresses of shooting.

Have fun!!

Gord
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Hercster, I haven't jumped in and started tinkering yet. I did read the tech info, and decided if I end up making adjustments it would be best to find someone who can help me do it. I shot another mag full yesterday and it worked just fine. Maybe it is something that will work itself out after I shoot some more. I'll shoot it some more next week and see how it goes. Got to get all this family holiday stuff over with. I hope you all are having a great Christmas!

Posts liked by others

Remington R1 Enhanced

I purchased a Remington R1 Enhanced about 3 weeks ago and have had it to the Range two times firing about 150 rounds altogether. I am extremely pleased with the pistol, it appears to be very well made, accurate and reliable. I did notice that I had to tighten the grip screws recently, but I don't know if they were loose when I bought it or worked loose while firing it. Enjoy yours.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Lube it well and shoot it. Let us know how it works after you have shot some 100-200 rounds through it.

Last or second-to-last round hickups are mostly magazine-related.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thank you John for the tip! I haven't got to shoot since Christmas Eve but will probably shoot some today. Hopefully I'll get in several clips worth at least. Hate to shoot up all my ammo at one time or I won't be able to shoot anymore until payday!

Posts liked by others
    Frequent Flyer, I'm tickled you are enjoying your pistol. Glad to hear it is doing good too. Other than the clip problem I've had, I would just like to have less poundage on the trigger. I'm shooting good groups, but I enjoy shooting at small stuff and I have to concentrate more when trying to be real accurate, if that makes sense. Maybe it will smooth out a little bit as I shoot it more. With all the good things I've heard about the R1 and what I am experiencing so far along with the knowledge I can do some upgrading in the future, I think I got a keeper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12