Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Independence Day
to all my American friends.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hogue Rubber Wraparound Grips — review in the E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hogue Rubber Wraparound Grips — review in the E-zine

A review has been published in the E-zine about Hogue's wraparound grips for widebody ParaUSA and other pistols, here. Please use this thread to discuss it.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 10th November 2011 at 05:12.

Posts liked by others
    Great review Spyros, very well done indeed, especially with such a comprehensive pictorial. I must admit, I've probably had rubber Houges on every handgun I've ever owned. Their function was always top notch and the only reason I swapped them was for aesthetics. Although I no longer prefer finger grooves, in reality, I’ve never shot any worse with them.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you for the nice words. I had to retake several pictures, so by the time I was happy that I had everything I needed, I had plenty of material.

Aesthetics may not be the strong suit of rubber grips, but they sure feel comfortable. Like I wrote, I prefer wood, but these type of pistols are a special case, since wooden grip options are quite limited.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Spyros,

This is a very comprehensive review of the wrap-around grips from Hogue, with the additional bonus of some excellent photographs.
    Steve

Posts liked by others

Good show!!

That was an excellent article Spyros. Thanks for the care and effort you put into the project. But you really should come clean about those photographs. I had heard somewhere that you actually use a Canon. Now confess, did John actually make those great shots with his Nikon ?
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Lessee, I think I used a Nikon once... a compact that a tourist gave me and asked me to take a photo of him and his missus.

All these pictures were taken using our Canon 60D, wearing its Canon 18-200mm lens. I wrote 'our' because my wife is quite possessive of that camera... a couple of pictures in the review are hers.

Seriously, thank you for the nice words, everyone!
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 17th November 2011 at 04:13.

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up I really like my Hogue wrap-arounds...

I've got them installed on my old Rock Island wide body. Maybe it needed a little trim but a sharp knife and 2 minutes had them good to go.

Posts liked by others
    Out of curiosity, how do you trim these grips to fit them on the Rock Island? I know their frontstrap is a bit more square than Paras', but by how much?
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    The only fitting I had to do was with the slide release area, and I think that might only have been because I installed an extended slide release- it's been several years since i did the work & I think I soaked the grip in a cup of hot water- it made it easy to stretch around the grip screw posts and when it cools down, it's tight. I took a couple of pictures of the gun but it's always a bit of a challenge to insert the pic...

Posts liked by others
    That sounds like a neat trick, but people who do this should make sure to get rid of all moisture... rubber tends to absorb some of it.
    M. Setter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast