Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh live

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thank you all for the kind words. Joe Walsh is a very talented musician and did a pretty good job with a bit of comedy.

Posts liked by others
    I could have sworn I'd already commented on this one, great work!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Thank you Spyros, that means a lot coming from a great photographer such as yourself , and I am so glad to know you have good taste in camera gear
    Is there ANY chance you can square John away and get him away from those Nikons?

Posts liked by others

"Snap Shots"

Hey Hunter, please take my title with "tongue in cheek" as they are SUPER!! I have a friend who does similar photography and the link will be on its way soon so that he can see your outstanding work.

Do tell, did you use the lighting that was set up for the show or did you supplement it. I'm guessing that you were using a high speed normal or perhaps something around 100 mm with excellent glass and helped by a nimble ISO. Would you care to share for those who labour deep in the shadows of your brilliance?
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    Is there ANY chance you can square John away and get him away from those Nikons?
    Sure there is, when Canon will come out with a full-frame camera with the low-light capabilities of the D700 and at that price level. Then all I need is to find someone who will exchange my Nikon bodies and Nikon lenses with the same Canon ones and I am done. However, as you know, nobody is willing to adopt me, and as far as I know nobody has me in his will. Finally, even if I win the lotto, my wife won't allow me to touch the prize, I do not see me switching to Canons in this lifetime.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Canon EOS 7D with Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 wide-open at 1600 ISO.

Am I correct Hunter Lee?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Someone's sneeking at Hunter's metadata!

Switch John out of Nikons? Are you crazy? I'd have a better chance getting him to buy a Glock! I got a photo of him using the 60D and I consider that a triumph!

Speaking of which:

...he couldn't even bring himself to put its strap around his neck!
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 17th December 2011 at 13:29.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Hey, this is the second time you are posting that picture of mine, what, are you trying to destroy my good name?!?!?

No seriously, when I tried some Canon bodies, I hated the fact that their grip is tiny compared to Nikons, it felt as if I was holding a toy in my hand. I ain't saying Canons are not good cameras, I just can't stand them.

As for Glocks, if our stupid laws allowed me to have one, I won't mind owing a G19. And for those of you interested, Glock is coming out with Version 4 of their pistols next year. Removeable grip inserts at the rear of the grip. Here is the PR I received.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    GLOCK Introduces New Gen4 Models for 2012
    GLOCK Models 21, 32 and 34 Become Part of the Gen4 Family Tree at 2012 SHOT Show

Smyrna, GA (Dec. 13, 2011) - GLOCK’s newest generation pistol, the Gen4, brings revolutionary design changes to the world’s most popular pistol. New to the Gen4 family, GLOCK will introduce the G21 (.45 Auto), G32 (.357) and G34 (9X19) Gen4 models at the 2012 SHOT Show in Las Vegas.

The ergonomics of the Gen4 pistol have been refined by adding a Multiple Back Strap (MBS) system to the grip of the pistol. Each Gen4 comes with three difference grip options: a short, medium and large size, enabling the pistol to adapt to each individual shooter’s hand size with the removal and insertion of a single pin. In addition, the grip has also been given a new Rough Textured Frame (RTF) to increase grip traction.

The Gen4 magazine release catch has been enlarged and is reversible for the ambidextrous shooter. To utilize the interchangeable magazine release feature, the Gen4 magazines have two notches cut on each side of the magazine body, allowing users to switch access of the catch to the left or right side of the pistol with no additional parts. Previous magazines will continue to work in the Gen4 pistols as long as the magazine release catch is left in its original position.
    Internally, the original recoil spring has been replaced with a dual recoil spring assembly, which noticeably reduces felt recoil while simultaneously increasing the life cycle of the pistol.

“GLOCK’s dedication to perfection has made it the chosen firearm for approximately 65% of law enforcement agencies in the United States.” said GLOCK, Inc. Vice President, Gary Fletcher. “The Gen4 models are another step in that commitment to producing the best firearm for law enforcement, military and law-abiding citizens around the world.”

The Gen4, like all GLOCK pistols, has the same tested SAFE ACTION® system, durable exterior finish, cold hammer forged barrel, durability, reliability and light weight that have made GLOCK firearms famous. All GLOCK pistols are backed by the GLOCK Limited Lifetime Warranty and world-class customer service and support that is second to none in the firearms industry.

About GLOCK, Inc.
    GLOCK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of pistols and accessories. GLOCK's superior engineering has produced a pistol with only 34 parts and a rugged polymer-frame, providing industry-leading reliability shot after shot. GLOCK is renowned for its pistols which are safe, featuring three safeties; simple, offering a low number of components to provide reliability; and fast, with no encumbering parts to slow the speed to fire. This combination makes GLOCK pistols the first choice among consumers and law enforcement, with 65% of agencies nationwide choosing to carry GLOCK. Austrian-engineered, the company has manufacturing facilities in the United States and Austria. Based in Smyrna, Ga., GLOCK, Inc. is an advocate for our nation's law enforcement and military personnel, as well as all citizens' Second Amendment right to bear arms. For more information, please visit www.teamglock.com.
    # # #
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    No seriously, when I tried some Canon bodies, I hated the fact that their grip is tiny compared to Nikons, it felt as if I was holding a toy in my hand. I ain't saying Canons are not good cameras, I just can't stand them.
    Ah, but that's the point, the camera's grip is pretty much the same, whether it's an entry amateur, a 'prosumer' or a pro model. Even my P&S SX200IS handles pretty much the same as its big brothers.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    No, it's not. The Canon grips are much smaller than the Nikon ones. At least that's what I remember from the last time I tried a Canon, and I can't remember when that was.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast