Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Baer Custom .22 lr Conversion Kit Problem

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Baer Custom .22 lr Conversion Kit Problem

I have a 1911 .22 LR Les Baer Custom conversion kit (slide and mags) on a 70 series frame. I continue to have multiple failure to feed. With Fed hi velocity ammo it will shoot and cycle the slide back enough to cock the hammer but does not slide forward to load the next round. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    It might help if you posted a picture so we know what a Les Baer conversion looks like. If it is like the Kimber or Ciener design it may be a spring problem (recoil or hammer).

Posts liked by others
    Your Baer conversion is a re branded Ciener,so any info regarding Ciener should work for your Baer. I would try different ammo first.I don't have a Ciener,but have two Karts and a Day 30X. I have found that they are sensitive to how high or low the mags seat in the frame.
    Gary

Posts liked by others

Thanks and Update

Thanks for info and advice given by all. Is there a possibility that lightening the hammer spring would help?
    Update: The first 20-30 rounds that I have shot were Fed 36 gr HP. I have, since the original thread, shot several mags of CCI mini mags. They are producing much better cycling and feeds. Although the pistol is still somewhat slow cycling it is much better. It appears that with several hundred rounds shot and a ramp polish, the problem will be resolved. I am adding this info in an attempt to possibly help someone else's similar issues.
    Thanks again.