Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 9/11 tribute - post your pictures

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

9/11 tribute - post your pictures

As a tribute to this 10th anniversary of the atrocious events of 9/11, I thought I would start a thread where people could post related pictures.

Here are three I've shot back in 1982-1983. Back then I was living in NJ and studying in Stevens Tech in Hoboken. So visiting the WTC was easy, and I had a clear view of the Towers from my desk, every day.

The pictures are from old printed copies I have (films of that era are long gone) which I scanned for the occasion.

May the world never see such an atrocity again.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    That's phenominal. I wish I still had pics I took when I went there on a field trip in middle school. I was in 6th grade. I remember being so taken by how big they were(The towers). That whole city left me in awe. Even tho I grew up right next to DC, NYC was a whole nother ball game to me.

Thanks for posting those pics. I hope we never forget that either. There are people that want us dead more than they want to be alive. That's commitment. I hope we never see anything approaching that level of hatred again, either.