Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own one these?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish
    ...Pardon my ignorance but does any other custom 1911 maker have a line in that $ range?...
    A full-house custom from some of the top makers, like Heirloom Precision, CTBrian, etc., will be in that prices range, or more.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish
    Wow, at the prices. I'm sure they're good but they'd better be at that level in the marketplace...in this economy. Pardon my ignorance but does any other custom 1911 maker have a line in that $ range? (I'll be interested to see the report/review from Slim!)
    A Wilson Supergrade is. You would have to get engraving to spend that much on a Baer or Brown.
    I expect you could romp through the SVI Gunbuilder and spec out one that high.

Many of the custom gunsmiths will cheerfully do a $4000+ one-off by assembly of commodity parts or modification of a base gun, but they are not gun MAKERS in the sense of turning out a regular line of products.

Posts liked by others

Cool My .02 cents

I am looking in a crystal ball, and in 20 years these will be the posts written.

The Cabot 1911's outlast all other manufacturers pistols.

I wish my other pistols could have parts that can be swapped out without using a gunsmith.

I had a chance to get one for 5000$ but it seemed expensive at the time. now those early serial # guns go for ?????? $ and i still cant afford one. =(

You get the picture. Just my .02 cents
    Former Marine Sgt. S.A. 1911-A1, 1989, PI 9101 Mil-Spec model basic parkerized finish. Customs, Wilson Combat 3 dot sights, Hogue grips, Wilson Combat Group Gripper, extended slide release. Colt Combat Commander series 80, Stainless Barrel Bushing, Packmyr 50/50 Colt medallion grips.

Posts liked by others
    @Frank and Jim, you're both absolutely right. I'm was unfamiliar with some of the prices now going for the "upper echelon" of custom 1911 makers. As much as I love em' I couldn't justify one that costly for my collection (and I'm a pretty easy sell.)

@OneBadMarine, (below is my opinion on your comments.)
    "The Cabot 1911's outlast all other manufacturers pistols." - that may be a bit of a stretch.
    "I wish my other pistols could have parts that can be swapped out without using a gunsmith." - you better believe it! (except for the fun of doing it)
    "I had a chance to get one for 5000$ but it seemed expensive at the time. now those early serial # guns go for ?????? $ and i still cant afford one." - inflation alone will probably make that happen in 20 years regardless of the product. I have a Colt govt. model that I bought in '79 for $259. What do you pay for one of those today?
    John B
    What goes around comes around.

Posts liked by others
    "I had a chance to get one for 5000$ but it seemed expensive at the time. now those early serial # guns go for ?????? $ and i still cant afford one. "

More likely will be worth less in the future especially if this concept can be mass produced at some point and drive costs down. Save your 5 grand and buy a true collectable firearm.

Posts liked by others
    If the machining is as good as they say it is, (it's probably possible) it should work...and if it does, it should eventually trickle down, increasing 1911 quality, availability, and reliability and decreasing price....if...

I am very interested in seeing reviews, etc.
    Nice pistol. Can you shoot it?
    Last edited by Single Six; 30th September 2011 at 23:54.

Posts liked by others
    I really like what I see. I wish they offered a catalog (by snail mail) so a guy could study the details (couldn't find it on their website).
    Colt 1911, S&W revolvers, Winchester rifles

Posts liked by others
    Just a thought but there seems to be an inherent design flaw in the concept for repeat buyers.

I love SV Infinitys, I own one of there IMMs and would own several as my bank account would allow.

If all Cabot 1911s are identical why would I ever buy more then one?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by donato
    Just a thought but there seems to be an inherent design flaw in the concept for repeat buyers.

I love SV Infinitys, I own one of there IMMs and would own several as my bank account would allow.

If all Cabot 1911s are identical why would I ever buy more then one?
    Better question would be why would you buy one at all??? If Cabot had done something truly unique like design a totally groundbreaking platform they would be doing something. But put all this effort into copying a 100 hundred year old design??? There have been some hints that Cabot is merely doing this to unveil some new proprietary technique; if so that's great but what are we really looking at here??? There is now some word that they are offering some really nice high grade custom wood grips on their guns. That's good too. But why picture Pach's grips on a high end gun on the web site??? Their instructional video could have been more professionally done. Seems like they got way ahead of themselves.

When Cabot gives everyone a look at EVERYTHING they are intending to do & offer then it would make sense to consider the product. Comical to see so many people fawning over this company without even really knowing what the end product involves. Need to get by all the HOOPLA & SECRECY and put all the cards on the table.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Patience, patience. We'll have a little something for you, in a week or so.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast