Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabot Guns---Too Expensive for the average Joe!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I'd like to join in welcoming you to our forum, Sir.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by CabotGuns
    ... Our goal is to re-imagine what is possible in terms of applying the state of the art manufacturing technology to a 1911, our favorite gun. Cabot Guns were built with no compromise as to cost....
    Well put and a worthy goal. Welcome to M1911.Org.

Some beautiful guns that I can't buy here in California. Our Roster of Handguns Approved for Sale is saving me a fortune. If you'd like to really twist the knife, make a classic Combat Commander.

Beautiful pistols.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Nice looking guns, great features, still need more info though... do these guns implement an 80 Series safety? What kinds of materials are used for the frame and slide? Are the parts mil-spec? Oh heck I just saw the pricing $$$$ , these things are out of my price range. I feel like I just walked into a black tie event wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Sorry... I'll go away...back over to the Armscor threads... :-)

Posts liked by others
    On the Cabot website there's video showing detail stripping. It appears that the guns do not use a firing pin block. And I'd expect that the materials are top notch.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    The frames look too square and blocky. Especially around the trigger guard.
    The type on the side of the slide looks more like a "Billboard". But hey for $4000 you get Pachmeyer grips on the Rangemaster.
    Last edited by T-TAC; 11th August 2011 at 07:28.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    The M1911.ORG E-zine staff is expecting a Test/Evaluation pistol to be delivered toward the end of this month. A thorough review (including pricing, accuracy, reliability, etc.) will be given in the E-zine, after completion of the evaluation.

Stay tuned!
    Steve,

Do we know who will be doing the review?

Posts liked by others
    I too would like to welcome your company.

Consumers will ask themselves "why should I get this over that", which I why I ask "What sets your product apart from Wilson, Baer, Nighthawk, other high dollar 1911s with long running reputations?" I mean this question in the humblest mannor and it is not in anyway meant to be offensive or negative.
    Last edited by Rugerismisticness; 11th August 2011 at 19:53.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerismisticness
    I too would like to welcome your company.

Consumers will ask themselves "why should I get this over that", which I why I ask "What sets your product apart from Wilson, Baer, Nighthawk, other high dollar 1911s with long running reputations?" I mean this question in the humblest mannor and it is not in anyway meant to be offensive or negative.

Hi, Rugerismisticness, thank you for your question and in no way is it offensive. In fact, you are asking a central question which in part spurred the genesis as to why we decided to build a 1911. Other high-end guns such as the fine brands you mention have to be hand lapped to achieve a good fit. Cabot Guns by Penn United Technologies are made without the need to hand fit components. We do this with proprietary technology we have developed over the past forty years which we apply to build sophisticated high tolerance components for the defence, nuclear and aerospace industries. This is the first time we have applied this technology to a consumer firearm. One benefit is that our components are completely interchangeable, something we call clone technology. At our debut a few months ago at the NRA show we had a display called the Cabot Challenge where we set out a table of frames and slides and consumers could randomly pick any frame and slide and assemble them to experience the clone technology of the parts and the precision of the fit. In addition to a new methodology of constructing components we also wanted to make them aesthetically beautiful. More details as to what has gone into developing our 1911’s will be coming soon. We see what we are doing as not necessarily competing with other guns but to simply offer something different and unique that not has been done before. It will take a few years to build the recognition that existing brands have earned. We just truly love and enjoy making these 1911's.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    Things cost what they cost. There's a lot of very neat stuff out there that I can't afford -- but I still think it's nice that such things are being made.

A Patek-Philippe perpetual calendar watch, a Ferrari Enzo, a case of Grands-Echezeaux Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, etc., are all well beyond my reach. But I'm still glad such things exist. (I did taste the wine once -- many years ago -- incredible.)

DVC
    Uh Frank.....which one of those was the wine?
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum Cabot Guns!! Very nice pistols but very very expensive. The 1911 classic front strap is squared not rounded as well as the dust cover. I wonder why Cabot Guns decided to make it that way. No offense.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast