Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabot Guns---Too Expensive for the average Joe!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Cabot Guns---Too Expensive for the average Joe!

I understand the technology and craftsmanship and beauty that was put into these pistols but the average guy nowadays will have a tough time to fork out $$$ for these very expensive toys. I'd probably be scared to handle one of these puppies coz I might scratch the finish or put an idiot scratch by accident. These puppies were meant for the mucho dineros. That's just my opinion man!!! There are lots of other high end 1911s for a lot lesser dinero.

Posts liked by others
    I'm glad someone had the guts to say it! I looked at the 1911A1 clone, saw the price and fell off my seat. YMMV.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    I totally agree, for a new company, their base pricing far exceeds anything I could afford or even consider purchasing.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

The M1911.ORG E-zine staff is expecting a Test/Evaluation pistol to be delivered toward the end of this month. A thorough review (including pricing, accuracy, reliability, etc.) will be given in the E-zine, after completion of the evaluation.

Stay tuned!

Posts liked by others
    Steve: Can't wait to read how it performs.

Posts liked by others
    Here's one for just under 5 grand. Really, I don't think so. For that kind of $$$ it better do a whole lot more than just shoot.

http://cabotgun.com/better-than-cust...cision-pistol/

Posts liked by others
    Things cost what they cost. There's a lot of very neat stuff out there that I can't afford -- but I still think it's nice that such things are being made.

A Patek-Philippe perpetual calendar watch, a Ferrari Enzo, a case of Grands-Echezeaux Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, etc., are all well beyond my reach. But I'm still glad such things exist. (I did taste the wine once -- many years ago -- incredible.)

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper
    Last edited by Frank; 10th August 2011 at 16:59.

Posts liked by others

Welcome Cabot

Just like to extend a warm Welcome to Cabot Gun. No doubt, these are very expensive pistols and well beyond my reach. However, I'm looking forward to the EZ-Line review and hope they hit the mark with their targeted audience. In the meantime, here's to wishing Cabot much success.

Posts liked by others
    People are paying close attention and are wise shoppers too. I like the looks of Cabot guns, make no mistake, but, like me the average Joe will have to take out some chunk of money from my 401k if I decided to get one of those beauties someday.

Posts liked by others
    Hi all, we're please to be joining the forum. We understand our guns are not accessible to everyone and there are many good options for less money. Our goal is to re-imagine what is possible in terms of applying the state of the art manufacturing technology to a 1911, our favorite gun. Cabot Guns were built with no compromise as to cost. We'll be sharing much information in coming months as to what goes into making a Cabot Gun. We realize the quality of our guns is not needed or desired by all, but that's o.k. with us. We hope this forum will provide a productive dialogue in assisting us to build inspirational 1911's as we continue to build our portfolio.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast