Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt/Umarex Government .22 LR review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Colt/Umarex Government .22 LR review discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss our review of the Colt/Umarex Government .22 LR pistol, as it appeared in our E-zine.

Thank you.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    This was a very excellently written and photographed review!

A week ago, I had the opportunity to shoot one of these pistols, and the evaluation from the E-zine is spot-on. The only malfunction was a "to be expected" dud round of Remington .22LR ammunition. The friend who owns this pistol was in contact with Justin "J.B." Biddle at Umarex today, inquiring about buying some spare magazines. J.B. stated that a shipment from Germany was hopefully arriving the middle of June.

Excellent Job, Harwood!
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Gentlefolks, our Colt/Umarex .22 LR review is now posted in our E-zine, go have a look.

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=86
    Gee thanks. Now I have to have one.

Posts liked by others
    Great to hear a good review John, since I put money down on one of these 4 months ago, I should have mine within a month or two.

I have had a lot of fun with their M4, but wish these had come out of Hartford so they didn't go "der bang".
    Regards,
    CaptainKGB

Posts liked by others
    Excellent review! I had mine at the range yesterday, and I could not be more happier.

Posts liked by others
    Fantastic review, as always.

I got to handle this one at SHOT, as well as a few more rimfire 1911s, and it really seemed to be the nicest of the lot. It's good to hear that it can shoot, too!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others

Talking

Nice review but you guys are killing me. Looks like Colt has themselves another winner. Should see some good sales from this one. Now there's another pistol I'll have to buy.
    Last edited by boblenaere; 28th May 2011 at 07:00.

Posts liked by others
    Great write-up. Thanks!
    Looks like this one may finally be the dedicated .22LR 1911. The GSG was a disappointment for me in that regard. Hope to get my mitts on one of these soon.
    -jwk-

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts liked by others

Talking

Cute!

(Good writeup!)

I've got the Kimber. Two issues - it needs to be very clean and well lubricated to work with anything but the high power/high priced ammunition, and there's no slide stop function when you empty a magazine.

The latter is impossible without a much more complex magazine design....

I also found that sharpening the Kimber's firing pin (it's round) helped reliability. Gun Butter does a superb job in lubrication, too.

The barrel stuck to the slide (looks like a BIG PPK/S ) is almost what you get from Kimber - they use the slide stop to pin the barrel to the frame - no locking or anything of that nature. Which is a pretty good solution being that it's swappable with the gun's original slide as a full size .45....

As a training device, these guns are probably a very good idea. In my estimation, though, you have to use the conversion top on pretty much the same frame as your EDC (or whatever you're training for), for the same sort of trigger feel, and the Kimber sights are very serious "target" types, rather than plain GI (like the Colt) or other sorts of things you might be using for carry.

Certainly a source of inexpensive fun! (Swapping in a beavertail and different sights shouldn't be a big deal, btw.)

(One of the guys on the Buckeye Firearms board pointed this review out to me. We're working on an appropriate punishment.)

Regards,
    Stu.
    (Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    יזכר לא עד פעם

Posts liked by others
    Great review. I got to see one of these on Friday. Given that I own a Chiappa and like it very much, I must admit, the Colt is a nicer pistol. I will be going in Tuesday to put a down payment on it. I will likely keep the Chiappa as well for my kids to shoot. The Colt will be mine alone. Now, how much are spare mags for this work of art?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast