Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: RIA Airsoft

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

RIA Airsoft

Hey RIA lovers, look what I found:

It's a Western Arms pistol, so I do not expect it to be cheap.

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/product_i...roducts_id=660
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 12th May 2011 at 10:22.

Posts liked by others
    It doesnt look like an airsoft. even has .45acp on the barrel

Posts liked by others
    And google is telling me that at the current exchange rate:
    35910 Japanese yen = 443.8799 US dollars

Posts liked by others
    If I had the money for this, I'd invest it in a real Midsize Tactical.....but then I'd have to get the airsoft, too.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."- Ronald Wilson Reagan

"Mmmmm.....tasty burglar......"- Tonka the Large Dog

Posts liked by others
    The Model depicted list price is 35,910 YEN, which equals 444.671 USD
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know, it's more expensive than the real RIAs. I think the Japanese are trying to rebuild their damaged economy with crazy prices. Pretty soon, we'll see Nikon selling cameras at the price of a new Prius.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Y'all are forgetting that real guns aren't legal in Japan, so people are willing to pay insane prices for realistic airsofts. I think if you can chase down the prices in Japan for airsoft pistols that are also sold in the U.S. and/or Canada, you'll find the price in dollars is probably double in Japan what the same pistol sells for in North America.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 13th May 2011 at 18:31.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I am not forgetting that. I know that. But what is amazing with those Japanese people is that they copy the real guns they see being popular, in a matter of days.

Do you guys remember the Nighthawk pistol we tested in the E-zine, which was then build as an airsoft by Western Arms? It even had the same serial number as the one we reviewed.

Now they see that RIA is gaining in popularity, so they came out with a RIA 1911. Amazing!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon is absolutely right, the inability to get real guns is what is driving development. The extent to which the Japanese are willing to go, to emulate the appearance of the real thing, will stun some people...

We're past the point where we were praising small details, like the squared dustcover of the early Springfield Armory frames (used in some MEUSOC pistols). There's one airsoft maker that makes AEG rifles in the M4 pattern, from forgings! Not surprisingly, the price of the thing is what you'd expect to pay for a real, middle-of-the-road AR-15.

The same (small) maker is busy trying to push a STEEL 1911 airsoft in the market! With a blued finish! They have to use CO2 canisters for the action, since green (or red) gas is too weak to cycle the thing... pictures and some short promotional videos of the thing are circulating the 'net, but nothing on shelves yet... if it ever goes on sale, I'd expect it to cost more than a current Colt 1991.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I have a KJW that looks [except for the grips] exactly like the one in the picture....I actually have quite a few airsoft, having picked up an old friend's collection for pennies on the dollar, when he got out of the hobby. My son thinks I'm nuts, but it gets me out of the house, and off the couch.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin