Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: RRA Frame value?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

RRA Frame value?

I have a place that is selling a RRA Frame, I believe it to be a basic match since its fullsize and it does not have a checkered front strap. It is also polished.

The slide that comes with it does not have any markings on it, one of the guys working said he thinks it is a Caspian but cant be sure, I dont believe it to be a RRA Slide because it does not have the 1911 roll mark on the left side, unless someone can tell me if they made some with out that? The slide is also coated black, not blued. Not sure of what type of coating.

The slide appeared to be matched to the frame pretty well glides smooth and is tight.

Has a skeleton trigger, not sure what brand, Polished BTGS, and a mainspring housing.

It appears to be a 5 inch slide.

What would the frame be worth?

Any help is appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Early RRA slides were naked, I believe.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for that info Heavy, you are correct early RRA 1911's did not have any roll marks.

I went back to look at it again today, and the serial number on the frame is 15XX which should means its low enough that the slide wouldnt have rollmarks if it was purchased at the same time.

So.. what would the Value of this Setup Be, It appears to be Commander size, RAA match slide and basic frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Not to sound like a wiseguy, but the product is worth what you think it is.

Beyond that you could look at it the price for a modern frame, and look at the price of a used frame on a site like gunsamerica.com or someplace like that. That would give you an idea of what a similar setup, like the one your asking about, would or should cost. I've seen some used frames at $70, I've run into used frames at $400. New ones, completely bare and decently made, usually start around $250 or $300 and go uphill really fast from there. There are a few companies that make new frames at the $100 mark, and from what I hear they are decent, but I have no experience with them personally so I can't comment on them. Hope it helps you out, at least a little.
    And it burns burn burns, that ring of fire

Posts liked by others

model number of rra 1911

Does anyone know if the PS 2300 is the same as the limited match?