Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Ranger Museum

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I was at the Ranger museum in 1999, if you are a 1911 lover, and you know you are, you owe it to yourself to go there. Also have some Bonnie and Clyde weapons on display.

Posts liked by others
    was just looking at my pics from the museum earlier today some reason its just guns go figure

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I just noticed this thread and I decided it has enough great material to warranty it becomes a sticky. Keep photos coming folks.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thanks John...I'll dig up some more pictures.
    Metro Arms American Classic Commander Hard Chrome .45 acp
    Ruger GP-100 6" Stainless .357

Posts liked by others
    The 1911 was popular early on with the Texas Rangers as seen in this photo of Jules Baker's .45

Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others
    Can't help but notice there isn't one gun in the collection that has FCS. Them rangers was common sense boys.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC69
    Can't help but notice there isn't one gun in the collection that has FCS. Them rangers was common sense boys.
    What is FCS?

Posts liked by others
    Front cocking serrations. In recent times, a lot of 1911's have been produced with cocking serrations on the back AND front of the slide. Custom and most semi-custom houses like Ed Brown, Baer, etc. will offer the option of eliminating the front serrations for custom builds.

I found it noteworthy that none of the pistols in the OP's collage appeared to have the front serrations. I don't recall whether "traditional" 1911's had the fronts or not, but I happen to be one of the "clean slide" guys that doesn't see the need for FCS. I also found it interesting that most, if not all of the pistols pictured had the mil-spec sights on them - again, I don't know if that's due to the lack of availability of adjustable/fixed "modern" rear sights and front blades, or that's the way the boys back in the day liked them. Cool pics, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast