Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Quietest and most accurate airsoft 1911?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Quietest and most accurate airsoft 1911?

I'd like to train more often, but can't spend too much time on the range (family, kids, you get the picture).
    I'm entertaining the idea to shoot airsoft in my backyard, but don't want to bother neighbors too much.
    I heard the green gas blow back airsoft guns are pretty loud. Is that right?
    Are they all equally loud, or are some louder, some quieter?
    Does the type of gas make the difference? If green gas pressure is higher than that of HFC134, does it mean, the Japanese airsoft pistols should be quieter?

Any particular model recommendations?

(I bought a spring gun from walmart
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-St...-P311/15939520 - pure trash, accuracy-wise.

Read that the KWAs are pretty good, e.g. this one:
    http://www.kwausa.com/products_1911mk3.html
    but if they're loud enough to come across to my neighbors as real guns that kinda defeats the purpose - they'll be calling cops, and I won't be able to practice.)

Thanks!
    Last edited by DeafJeff; 17th April 2011 at 22:34.

Posts liked by others
    Out of all the ones I have, the TM Hi-Capa (modified with a metal slide), an all-metal WE Para lookalike and a KWA Glock are the ones I've fired the most.

The KWA Glock is definitely quieter than the other two. It is also noticeably weaker. All three airsofts have adjustable hop-ups, the setting of which could/should contribute to the noise output (as well as the power), but I haven't experimented with it.

All my shooting is with green gas.

With this out of the way, I really, really can't imagine anyone mistaking the sound of airsofts for gunfire, but I know some people have more vivid imaginations than me. I also own a spring-powered Glock lookalike, and the sound it makes, is about par with the KWA.

As for accuracy... do check the airsoft tests here. The accuracy of these things, beyond 10 yards or so, isn't that great.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I'm not really familiar with the various brands, but the group I teach with has a number of airsoft replicas running green gas. When we teach our monthly Basic Handgun classes, we have our students shoot those before we go out to the range for live fire.

Our airsoft drills are in the classroom. We don't need hearing protection (we do require eye protection), and they aren't at all loud -- just a soft ppffftt.

We set up the targets at about five yards, and the guns are quite accurate at that distance.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper