Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Loaded" vs. TRP - A Comparison

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    This isn't my MC - I have a TRP myself - but I came across this pic earlier today on another website. IF I had one of these, I would get Pachmeyer grips just like this - I think it makes the gun look sweet. Just an idea for U...

That appears to be a set of cut-down Pachmeyers over some custom wood grips. Are they sold that way?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperfox
    That appears to be a set of cut-down Pachmeyers over some custom wood grips. Are they sold that way?
    Yes, they are sold exactly like that.

Posts liked by others
    I wrote a long reply, but it didn't go through. In short, I stated that the A-1 loaded is a fine pistol for plinking (I owned one for several years). The TRP is a great bells and whistles pistol (My IDPA pistol). Both fine pistols and I would rather plink with the A-1 than run tons of rounds through my TRP. Again, great pistols, I just use them for different applications.

Posts liked by others
    I looked at both the TRP and Loaded and went with the stainless TRP for several different reasons (the added features). Yes the Loaded may have a slight value for the money advantage, however, the TRP is without a doubt the finer weapon. The question seems to be, "Is it worth the extra money?" IMHO, yes it is. The first thing that attracted me to the TRP (that I have not seen mentioned) is the flat stainless finish, compared to the polished finish of the stainless Loaded. (The difference is not immediately evident from the images posted here, but is quite obvious in person.) I'm not sure what dollar value to assign this feature. As far as adding up the individual prices for each custom component and comparing to the difference in retail price for each model, I accept that there may be some loss of value in the TRP, but how significant is the difference? Not enough, I suspect for someone to go buy the Loaded and send it off to get customized to TRP specs. Buy the gun you prefer. If you can afford the TRP and have to make the choice between one or the other, go with the TRP. It's worth the difference.

Posts liked by others

TRP accuracy vs Loaded

I have several SA .45's, I have a "built" milspec that will run 3" all day , but I can run the paper to the back of the range and punch the orange dot with the TRP. The fact that the trp has a flared mag well is one difference, but overall finish is nicer than any stock SA, except for a custom. I got a super deal on my TRP , and also on my Milspec.

I looked at other .45 , just my personal preference. Here they are.

Gun Control :: Being able to repeatedly hit your intended target. 1911..... is there anything else?

Posts liked by others
    Well, I sent off my TRP to be refinished - Matte hard chrome frame and a black slide - nice two tone look. Hope to have it back in a couple of weeks.

Posts liked by others
    Well, I am glad I found this thread. I am looking for something with a rail so I can mount a light on it, and the "Loaded Full Size MC Operator PX9105ML" and the "TRP Light Rail Armory Kote PC9105L " are the leading contenders. I'd love another Wilson Combat, but this 1911 habit is getting expensive.

I'm a fan of SA. Being a long-time M1a owner, I know Sa has had some QC issues, but they honor their warranty and always try to make things right.

Between the Operator and the and the TRP, I'm not sure I see the $435 (retail) difference. Barrel? got it. Night Sights - nice, but with a rail mounted light, possibly not as applicable. Fit and finish - well, that may make up the difference. I'll have to see what the price difference is on the street.

Posts liked by others
    The TRP has more hand adj and should be a bit more accuracy group wise than the Marine Operator, which is more in the standard "Loaded" category. The TRPs are guarenteed to shoot 2 1/2" groups.

I wanted the TRP Operator, but couldn't afford it - Just got a regular TRP.

Posts liked by others
    one of the few minor differences i've noticed as of today, the TRP held its tight fiement of the slide and frame, ditto the barrel/bushing/slide fitment. really impressed with its integrity after shooting so many rounds. as far as i can tell, its going neck to neck with my Wilson Combat when compared to the overall tightness of the gun after having fired almost equal rounds, and this at almost 800 gees less than the WC. accuracy was superb as i shot 108 rounds in less than twenty minutes today, and completely removed three center rings off the target. i can honestly shoot this piece way better than my service Sig. really love this piece, and may end up picking up a stainless version as well, but i am torn bet another TRP or a SA Custom Professional or a Nighthawk, for this will be a last purchase for me for a while. oh well, enjoy and safe shooting.

Posts liked by others
    2.5" is not all that good. My milspec will sometimes group under 2". I think that the 2.5" is the absolute worst that one should expect from the high price of of the TRP.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast