Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: "Loaded" vs. TRP - A Comparison

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks Dubya, I am a firm believer in not fixing things that aren't broken. I like a fine trigger. I expect quality for a grand. It aught to shoot out of the box.

We are fortunate in the city of Houston to have some truly excellent smiths if I do need some work. Barrel bushings seem to be the easiest issue to overlook in my absolutely neophyte view of the 1911, so if it tends to spray a little, then I'll probably get that done.

The Springer seems to be a great platform. I am replacing a Taurus PT 1911 that also shoots very well, but there are no aftermarket vertically adjustable sights available without recutting the dovetail, so out it goes. It is, however, pretty accurate and very reliable. Who'd have thunk it.
    Last edited by skarke; 4th April 2010 at 19:07.

Posts liked by others
    Folks, concerning "Loaded" vs. TRP. If you buy a "Loaded" without trying a TRP, you may be sorry. In my case, I could not justify the additional cost for a Wilson, Baer, etc. The TRP is literally first class!

Posts liked by others
    Recently handled a Loaded at a local gun counter. The underside of the safety had some sharp edges, making it a little painful to sweep upward.

I hear many positive reports on the quality of the TRP for the money.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314