Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Will RRA ever start back??

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Will RRA ever start back??

Will RRA ever start back building 1911's? I really wanted one but not at the current prices.

Steve E............

Posts liked by others
    Saw they had about 7 for sale on the bullseye mailing list back in February this year but wanted $2500 for each one offered through the law enforcement rep at Springfield Armory.

This was the posting to the list I wasn't willing to go the price.

HEY FOLKS. I WORK FOR ROCK RIVER ARMS AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT REP. I HAVE GOTTEN THIS LIST OF AVAILABLE ROCK RIVER BULLSEYE GUNS FROM CHUCK. HE ASKED ME TO POST THEM HERE FOR YOU FOLKS TO HAVE FIRST SHOT AT THEM.
    SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I'LL PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ORDER FORM AND PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS. JIM P ROCK RIVER HAS THE FOLLOWING BULLSEYE GUNS READY FOR SHIPMENT. $2500 + $40SHI.

WADGUNS; ALL WITH SLIDE MOUNT
    4 - 30LPI
    4 - 25LPI
    6 - 20PLI

BALL GUNS
    3 - 30LPI

Law Enforcement Division Rep.
    Jim Peck
    P.O. Box 116
    Summit, IL. 60501
    773- 575-9829
    Army Veteran NRA Patron Life Member and North American Hunting Club Life Member

Posts liked by others
    RRAs are really nice, but I agree that $2500 is a bit steep. I think once all of the rifle orders slow down, they may start making pistols again. Same thing for Ed Brown, but vice-versa.

Posts liked by others
    I wanted just the plain basic model, should have gotten one when the still made them. I spoke to a lady there at RRA last year and she said there were no plans to ever start them back in production. But I was also told by a person at ERPC and they said there was no plans to make anything other than the standard R1 and just a few months later low and behold there are two other models available.

Steve E........

Posts liked by others
    Adding another model to an existing line is one thing, starting up a whole new line on pistols, is another level.

The tiny amounts of guns, as well as the somewhat unusual configurations they have, seem to support the theory that the company is simply getting rid of what little it has left, probably from cancelled orders.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Guess I should rephrase that, I wanted the cheapest one they offered at that time which was the basic one they offered but was full of features that others only included on more expensive models.

Steve E...........

Posts liked by others
    I just got the most recent RRA catalog in the mail. They appear to be selling off remaining 1911 parts in inventory- last page of catalog I think. this I assume to be a sign (of course I could be wrong) that they do not plan on resuming 1911;s and are going to ride the AR horse till it dies.

Posts liked by others

Peck

Well first off I don't think Jim Peck is with Springfield Armory. He is the Law Enforcement sales rep for Rock River Arms though. He is also a High Master, Governor's 20 and President's 100 shooter, and arguably one of the top 100 or maybe even 50 pistol shots alive right now. He probably did more for RRA sales by shooting them in competition around the country than any ad firm could have done with a million dollar budget. If anyone has a line on any new RRA 1911s it would be Peck. Anybody else and I'd be a little skeptical. RRA did sell frames and slides and there were a few guys out there piecing guns together and selling them as RRA's. Unless I got it directly from RRA or Peck I'd want to see the original receipt and test target before dropping money on it. That said Peck's reputable and honest. If you can snatch one of those up do it.
    I've got seven RRAs, built by Chuck at the old shop, but I'm not parting with them.