Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who carries a full 5" 1911 concealed?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Wore this on a trip to civilized parts of the Rockies last spring. Had a great time and was comforted by this pair; good belt & holsters make a big difference. Same gear (Kramer holsters, Mernickle mag pouch and belt, or the Sparks belt in this pic) works here in town.

John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
    Last edited by Poohgyrr; 29th January 2011 at 08:27.

Posts liked by others
    I have 2 Springfield Loaded models. The stainless one I use for duty(stainless more weather resistant in open carry) and a parkerized one for off-duty(dark finish less likely to "flash" if inadvertantly exposed). Both are set up identical with Ed Brown bushings, G.I. guiderods and plugs, hard core extractors, and hard core slide stops. Wilson parts include firing pins and stops, recoil springs and firing pin return springs and 8rd mags.
    Both had over 250 put thru them ammo wise before carried, that being our duty round, Fed HST 230 +P. I also ran 250 each of WW 230 JHP white box, Fed 230 HydraShok, Speer 230 JHP, Remington 230 JHP and Rem 230 Golden Sabre. Standard practice load is Fed, Rem, WW, or Speer 230 FMJ.
    Holster for CCW is either a Serpa Paddle/Belt holster(matches duty rig) or, most likely, a Blade-Tech Nano IWB holster.
    Carrying a full size 1911 is a great choice. CCW is more of a lifestyle, however. You have to choose clothing around your rig, not your rig around your clothing....

Posts liked by others
    I carry a full size Wilson CQB in a Sparks VM2...

Posts liked by others
    I usually carry a commander size, sometimes I carry a 5" in a Mitch Rosen slim line ARG. It's the most comfortable holster for a 5" gun that I have found.

Posts liked by others
    I carry a Kimber Custom II in a Crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. Conceals great under a loose t-shirt or polo for me. I also have a Kimber Ultra Carry II which is a lot lighter but, I still enjoy carrying the big gun more.
    1911's the original perfection.

Posts liked by others
    RIA-FS Tactical - 2500 down range carried in a Crossbreed Supertuck daily.
    AL

Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self-control, is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Posts liked by others
    Kimber TLE/RL II. Put 500 rounds WWB and then 100 230g +p HST before carrying.

Carry in a Tucker The Answer or a Milt Sparks VM II.
    Only thing added were Crimson Trace Laser grips

No issues

Posts liked by others
    I carry a SA mil-spec in stainless.

Hornady critical defense ammo. Don't use hand loads for defense carry...too easy for an atty to paint you as a fanatic and/ or say you were just looking for an opportunity to take out the bad guy with the special hot load you made up for him. Just my thoughts.
    Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec Stainless Steel 45 ACP

Posts liked by others
    I carried a Heine 1911, SVI 1911 with ports, Springfield TRP and at the end of my LEO life a Colt Commander 1911. They were all very good and I fired about 300 rds of factory ammo through them before I started carrying them for duty. Towards the end of my career I carried the Commander Lt Wt because I did most of my "time" in an admin position (plus I was getting older).

Posts liked by others

Quick tip for your Gun when you carry

Quote Originally Posted by BluedSteelCharisma
    Hey guys, my last thread was more of a ramble than anything, i'm trying to find out how many others carry a full 5" 1911 for CCW. If you do What Make and Model , how many rounds did you put through it before you carried it, any FTF FTE's, any modifications, and how does it like your personal handloads ect ect thanks.
    I dont have the money to pick a lemon (taurus IMO)or the money to turn water into wine (kimber 500rd "break in") 1200 $ range ,including new holster
    During concealed carry alot of lint and other debree can find its way into your handgun. Should check it often and clean it every time you see a build up of lint
    in the barrel.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast