Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: ACII accuracy

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

ACII accuracy

Just thought folks might be interested to know..... I just shot my ACII for groups at 20 yards to have as a comparison against a Springfield I just got.

Best ACII group of two was 1 7/8" center to center with five out of the seven rounds grouping 5/8" center to center. Not bad for a $400 1911. My wife has our camera at school, so no pics, but I'm giving it to you straight. I couldn't believe it.

The Springfield groups were 3+ times larger.

By the way, the only upgrades I have done are all cosmetic except for I did replace the firing pin stop for recoil reduction.
    Last edited by daviscustom; 5th December 2010 at 19:11.

Posts liked by others
    They are accurate I replaced my bushing and got no improvement . The SS looks nice but still same size groups.
    American Classic II 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9mm 1972 Colt Combat Commander1995 Colt Combat Commander SS 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2003 Colt Defender 2007 Colt Agent

www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    Last edited by michael t; 9th December 2010 at 13:11.

Posts liked by others
    At 25 yards, I'm getting all my rounds inside of a 3 inch grouping easy. The problem I'm having isn't groupings, but placement. The rounds hit 3 inches low and 2 inches to the left. (This is from a rested/supported position) Three other seasoned shooters got the same results. I guess I'm going to have to pay a blacksmith to fix this.

For those thinking about buying a 1911 from Metro, I highly recommend it. This is the only issue I've had with the pistol. If fires everything I put through it, and with any magazine I place in it. It has never jammed or misfired.

Posts liked by others
    Depending on what model you have, the sights (front and/or rear) are adjustable for the windage problem. Mine came with the front sight off center in the dovetail and it shot off to the right.

If yours is set up with a three dot sight picture...my understanding is that they are designed as a combat sight and you overlay the front dot in the center of your target, instead of having the bull setting directly on top of the front post. Also, I don't remember what range they are supposed to be designed for...it may be 25 yards, but if it is designed for a shorter distance obviously it might be low for that reason.

Mine was shooting roughly 3" low (from the center of the bull) at 20 yards, but I was setting the bull on top the post for a more precise sight picture. Trying to place the front dot in the center of the bull is not very precise for shooting groups, but I new that was why my groups were printing just below the bottom edge of the bull.
    Last edited by daviscustom; 13th December 2010 at 21:51.