Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Pair of New RRA 1911s

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

A Pair of New RRA 1911s

I was finally able to pick up my pair of 1911s today at my local gun store. These are my first RRA 1911s and they are without a doubt some very fine pistols. Build quality is excellent and judging from the test targets they are more accurate than I could ever hope to be.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on a very nice and unique pair of RRAs.

Posts liked by others
    Nice looking pair. Have you shot them?

Posts liked by others
    I was able to put about 100 rounds through each before I left town again Sunday. So far, no malfunctions. Used Wilson Combat 47Ds, ETMs, 10 rounders and CMC 10 Round magazines as well as the magazines that came with the guns. All worked perfectly. Both guns are incredibly smooth to shoot and have great triggers. I am extremely impressed so far. Some longer shooting days at home will be coming up soon.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Is RRA back in the pistol making business? I thought they moved out of the 1911 world a couple of years ago, to concentrate on the AR platform.

Nice pistols by the way.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Is RRA back in the pistol making business? I thought they moved out of the 1911 world a couple of years ago, to concentrate on the AR platform.

Nice pistols by the way.
    Nope they're probably out of 1911s for good.

Posts liked by others
    It is my understanding that they are still not taking orders for 1911s and do not plan to do so in the future. However, they are still making the remainder of the pistols that were already ordered before they stopped taking orders. Very small numbers and they are trickling out a few at a time. These two were both made in early 2009. One in March, the other in May. The serial numbers are only 6 apart, so that gives you an idea of the speed of production. I don't know how many they still have to build, but if you have a local dealer who had an order in for some before they stopped taking orders you never know what you might find on the shelf one day.

Posts liked by others
    nice pair of pistolas, from what I've read and heard they are a very well built gun.

congratulations.
    cold on ice it's a Deadman's touch...

Posts liked by others
    Those are really nice

Posts liked by others
    Approaching 500 rounds through each gun. The Government has been 100% so far. I have had 0 problems with it. The Commander is a little picky with magazines. It does not like some of my Wilson Combat 47Ds. So, besides not locking open on the last round with a few magazines, it has been great. Once I found magazines that it likes, no more problems. Feeds reliably and feels great in my hand. Both are incredibly accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. It makes it a hard decision on which one to carry.

Here are some pictures of the leather order that I received at the same time as the RRAs. The leather was ordered without knowing I would be getting the pair of RRA pistols. It was just a fortuitous coincidence.

Leather is all by TT Gunleather. Tim was excellent to deal with over the phone and his product is excellent. I love the magazine/flashlight combo paired with the IWB for either pistol. Makes for an excellent carry rig. All very comfortable and very well made.

Belts are by Beltman. Anyone who has not invested in a good gunbelt has no idea what they are missing. These belts have made all the difference in the world for carrying all day. Makes any gun feel lighter and no more having to pull your pants up. The single best gun investment I have ever made.
    Last edited by jdraizor; 20th January 2011 at 21:01.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast