Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Citadel picture thread - Each post should contain at least one picture

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Citadel picture thread

Well, the title says it all, use this to post your Citadel pictures.

(per user request)

Remember: DO NOT POST IN HERE, unless you have a picture of a Citadel pistol to show. Chit-chatting is not allowed in picture threads.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 5th April 2010 at 11:39.

Posts liked by others

I'll go first

Thanks for setting this up, John! Since I caused all this, I guess I'll start.

Here's the Citadel full size I bought a couple of days ago. I was looking at the Springfield GI, but decided to go with this one for the added features and the trigger felt better.

I hope to get to the range this week to try it out.

That's the only picture I have of it right now. I'll take some better ones, soon.

Tom
    Likes (1) :
    nickelsteel (23rd December 2018)

Last edited by DirtBrokeFarm; 4th April 2010 at 23:41.

Posts liked by others
    I'm new here and it's almost like I was waiting for this thread.

Citadel with Davidson's Horned Lizard grips

Posts liked by others
    Ahhhh, finally a Citadel Picture thread.

Here's the first one, in "sheeps" clothing. A Colt Officers wrap around grips and 'the first time I shot her' Target.

This is #2 with a set of Stag Horn grips. I like the double diamond grips that come on the Citadels, but it's sure fun to spend the extra dough to dress them up with other grips.

https://forum.m1911.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22562&dateline=160003  0626 The Natural Enemy of Guns: Rust & Politicians.

Posts liked by others
    Come on, there must be more than three of us on here! John took the time to make a Citadel Photo sticky...now POST EM!!!

Better picture of mine. Still no range time, though...

Posts liked by others

Sorry about the poor lighting
    Great pistol
    Last edited by heritage755; 9th April 2010 at 19:01.

Posts liked by others
    This seams like a thread worthy of my first post! I am Josh, and I picked up this Citadel yesterday. Got it for a good price or at least I think so, $400 plus fees+tax. Already added a Pachmayr grip and some homegrown night sight style white sight dots onto the factory sights. Range time will come Sunday.

Last edited by jtsgsxr6; 16th April 2010 at 18:42. Reason: smudge serial number

Posts liked by others

My pair

Big brother and little brother. Going to replace the grips on the 3.5 just haven't decided what kind of wood yet. And also looking for a good, inexpensive ambi safety so if anyone has one laying around.

Posts liked by others
    bro\'s ever wondered what your Citadel looks like without the ambi.

Posts liked by others

Govt Citadel w/some minor tweaks

Never posted a pic, hope this works.

Standard Citadel with:

Full Cerakote finish (Flat Black & Dark Earth), sights dimpled and painted, ambi safety removed, Mainspring housing replaced w/steel MSH, firing pin stop replaced w/EGW small radius, VZ grips, light trigger/sear and internal polishing, #15.5 pound recoil spring.

Ultra-reliable out of the box, now prettied up and personalized. Doubt if I will do anything else except shoot the tar out of it.

Last edited by SKMO; 22nd April 2010 at 10:05.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast