Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT 1911 9mm??

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

PT 1911 9mm??

Anyone have information about when the 9mm will be available?? The model is on the Taurus website but can't seem to find any anywhere. Thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    It has been on their site with different dates given spanning about 2 years. I've yet to see anyone with one or any shop getting any.
    Joe

Posts liked by others
    The Taurus PT1911 in 9mm is the Chupacabra of 1911s! People keep huntin for em, and there are occasional reportings of sightings, but they just don't exist.

I gave up waiting a long time ago and moved on to other manufacturers' products.

Posts liked by others
    They are out now. Just saw some on GunBroker and at Bud's.

Prices run $500 - $600 for Blued / SS.

Posts liked by others
    Why would they have released the .38 Super variant before the much more mainstream 9mm? Seems kind of backward to me.

James

Posts liked by others
    Just guessing but could be that they had trouble getting the 9 to run. 38 super is the same lenght cartridge as the 45acp. They had also indicated they were going to offer 40 s and w but they have deleted any reference to a pt1911 in that cartridge. The 40 is the same oal as the 9.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe 21
    Why would they have released the .38 Super variant before the much more mainstream 9mm? Seems kind of backward to me.

James
    Home market for 38 Sup so fill that market and send some extra production to the US of A. Next, develop 9mm for foreign markets.

Just a guess.

Posts liked by others
    yeah, I gotta remember that the .38 super is popular in the latin American areas. I just think of it as an old cartridge bought merely for the cool factor, since a .357 sig is basically the same thing in a modern, compact package that is more readily available in about any OTHER platform. Someone needs to make a .357 sig 1911 already.

James.

Posts liked by others
    357 sig is like the 9 and the forty in that it was designed for use in double stack mags. I and others have had a heck of a time getting 40 to run in a single stack. Many 9mm 1911 owners report their pistols are very magazine sensitive. I plan to use my Taurus as a trainer pistol since 9mm ammo is so much easier on the wallet than 38 super, 45acp and 10mm.

Posts liked by others
    I think 38 super is major power factor in USPSA, like the .40 S&W and 45 acp. With the PT1911 38 super, you can shoot single stack class, with major power factor and have less recoil. I have a 38 super and that is my USPSA gun. I know a lot of shooter that bought Taurus PT1911 in 38 super, just to be a match gun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast