Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: airsoft Kimber replica??

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

airsoft Kimber replica??

Hello,

I am new here and wish to purchase an air soft replica that is blowback and comes "as close" to resembling my Kimber Custom Classic as possible.
    Is there such a critter?
    Can the lower end (receiver) readily accept aftermarket 1911 parts and accessories? Eg triggers and thumb safeties?

Thanks for your guidance!!

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum!

If you're not worried about markings, there are a number of choices for you. If you are worried about markings... there are some metal kits available, that fit the Marui 1911 pistol and convert it to a Kimber, but I'm not sure if the Custom Classic is one they make. These kits don't come cheap, though. What's your budget?

I don't know if you can fit a real 1911 trigger to an airsoft, but... why would you?? There are plenty of aftermarket triggers for airsoft 1911s.

I haven't compared the thumb safeties of my airsofts to real ones, but given that the sears they mate to are quite different, I'd be surprised if they fit.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the reply. I would like to fit an arched mainspring housing, and extended trigger to better simulate my Kimber when practicing.

Being new here and to airsoft is there a reasonably priced source for the pistol specified and site with mentioned replacement parts?

Thank you for the assist!

Posts liked by others
    I'm a little late to the party here...

Ehobbyasia has the usual parts and such, you can find a plethora of Kimber slides and kits for sale for both the Tokyo Marui style guns and the Western Arms style guns.

Here's the link, search word Kimber

If you can't find it at Ehobby, Redwolfairsoft usually has the rarer parts in stock. I'm sure you could find an extended trigger there.

Japanese retailers would have anything you could possibly want, but be prepared to pay large shipping fees.