Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa .22LR 1911 review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Chiappa .22LR 1911 review discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss our review of the Chiappa .22LR 1911 in our E-zine.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    This is a very good review in my opinion, which can be expected here at M1911.org. I looked at one of these pistols at a local shop and my opinion was just about the same. The gun seemed to be cheap BB gun quality IMO. Hercules would have trouble with the awlfull trigger. Personnaly I would not buy one.

The pistol seems to be designed more like the Star Model F. The Model F looks like a scaled down P-38 with the recoil spring beneath the breach end of the barrel. The Star pistol has a barrel that is either screwed or pressed into a receiver boss. The slide is removed just like described for the Chiappa. The Star Model F is single action and funtions like a 1911. The safety lock on the Star can also be engaed with the hammer down, half cocked, and cocked.

I have read other reviews of the Chiappa 1911-22 and I like the way that M1911.org was fair and objective. My brother and I are in the market for a dedicated inexpensive 1911-22 and this one has failed inspection IMO.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others
    Good review, but from reading all of the forum threads I had already concluded most of this 2 months ago and bought a GSG instead. At about the time I bought my GSG I read comments on this site somewhere that they had requests in to ATI for a GSG to do a review on and I have been watching for the review here since then. Not to criticise and with all due respect, (I know you guys volunteer your own time and money to do these reviews, I thank you all and this site is simply awesome!) but I was a bit surprised that the review was on the Chiappa and not the GSG. The Chiappa is old news and the GSG may be too by the time they get around to reviewing it. Makes me ponder the question: Are the requests for a GSG to review not coming through as well? Looking forward to the GSG review when it happens... hopefully soon as the Umarex Colt is coming in November!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    We've talked with the Umarex people for getting a sample. So far, there is only one in US and that is not a complete gun. We are waiting for a sample as soon as the first shipment arrives.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan45
    Good review, but from reading all of the forum threads I had already concluded most of this 2 months ago and bought a GSG instead. At about the time I bought my GSG I read comments on this site somewhere that they had requests in to ATI for a GSG to do a review on and I have been watching for the review here since then. Not to criticise and with all due respect, (I know you guys volunteer your own time and money to do these reviews, I thank you all and this site is simply awesome!) but I was a bit surprised that the review was on the Chiappa and not the GSG. The Chiappa is old news and the GSG may be too by the time they get around to reviewing it. Makes me ponder the question: Are the requests for a GSG to review not coming through as well? Looking forward to the GSG review when it happens... hopefully soon as the Umarex Colt is coming in November!
    When we spoke with the ATI folks (the importers of the GSG products) at the SHOT Show in 2009 and again at SHOT 2010, they told us they would get us a sample to review as soon as they were available. We have been in touch with them several times since SHOT 2010 to remind them that we want to review their pistol. We can't review what the manufacturers and importers don't send us. Don't blame us ... we're trying.

As you can see, we finally produced a review of the Chiappa 1911-22 by having one of our reviewers borrow a personally-owned example of the pistol. If you know someone who wants to send his or her pistol to one of our reviewers, we'll be happy to write it up. Or ... contact ATI and remind them that you've been waiting for our review of their product.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes, Fan45 please forgive me for not answering that part of your question, but it is exactly as Hawkmoon said. In Las Vegas, this past January, I was introduced to Brenton Chapman, who (as I was told) was/is the person responsible for the GSG in American Tactical Imports.

Since then, we have tried to get in touch with them on more than one occasions, with no results.

As you understand, we can't test anything that we can't lay our hands on.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    When we spoke with the ATI folks (the importers of the GSG products) at the SHOT Show in 2009 and again at SHOT 2010, they told us they would get us a sample to review as soon as they were available. We have been in touch with them several times since SHOT 2010 to remind them that we want to review their pistol. We can't review what the manufacturers and importers don't send us. Don't blame us ... we're trying.

As you can see, we finally produced a review of the Chiappa 1911-22 by having one of our reviewers borrow a personally-owned example of the pistol. If you know someone who wants to send his or her pistol to one of our reviewers, we'll be happy to write it up. Or ... contact ATI and remind them that you've been waiting for our review of their product.
    If I came across as blaming you guys I apologize as I did not intend to that is why I "pondered" the question, I tried to go out of my way to relay that. I would offer up my GSG for review but I have already Gun-coated it swapped out the trigger and and altered it some so I'm not sure you would want it for the review as I'm sure you'd want it in the stock state correct? If someone want's to PM me on the logistics of it I would consider it as I don't shoot it everyday and could do without it a few weeks. If I end up buying the Umarex Colt and you guys have not done the review yet I'll let you guys know right away and offer it up for review, I need to take a look at it in the shop first though as if it does not look to be of GSG quality I won't buy it. Anyway, I think you guys are doing a great job and this site is awesome, no better 1911 site out there... period!

Posts liked by others

I Have Both

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Oh yes, Fan45 please forgive me for not answering that part of your question, but it is exactly as Hawkmoon said. In Las Vegas, this past January, I was introduced to Brenton Chapman, who (as I was told) was/is the person responsible for the GSG in American Tactical Imports.

Since then, we have tried to get in touch with them on more than one occasions, with no results.

As you understand, we can't test anything that we can't lay our hands on.

TO ALL.....
    I now have both, a Chiappa with a new Slide (target model) and the original slide. I also have a GSG-1911 that has only had the grips changed.

The GSG-1911 has 5 mag's and only 500 rd's of Federal HV 36gr. (Walmart Bulk special) and 200 rd's of CCI Mini Mag.

The Chiappa also has 5 mags ( a lot easier to load all of the Mags and than shoot away without having to stop after each string of 10 rd's to reload the mag.) and with the old slide and no shop work about 600 rd's.
    Since the gun just came back from Chiappa and had some work done on it by their gunsmith, I plan to run a SIDE-By-SIDE test (with photos) this week.

I will be shooting on Wednesday and Thursday and will work on the report over next weekend. Posting of the results and photos will follow.

If there are any specific questions or things that the forum would like me to look at or test, please let me know or PM me directly.
    Until the test...........
    Happy Shooting
    NRA Life Member,GSSF,SASS,USPSA,STEEL CHALLENGE, Custom Fusion 38Super Race Gun, Custom Fusion CCO 9mm, Custom, Kimber Pro Aegis II Bobtail 38 Super, Glock's STOCK & RACE GUNS,Sig P238,RIA 38 Super, Kahr PM9.
    Last edited by girphoto; 8th October 2010 at 15:35. Reason: spelling correction

Posts liked by others
    I like the idea of a "stock" side by side comparison (which I cannot confirm nor deny may have been seen on "another" 1911 site) but this time the Chiappa will have a target slide and work done by a gunsmith on it vs. a stock GSG? Hmmm... under these circumstances I can only imagine the "can of worms" this might open! This may get very interesting! Personally, I'm just looking forward to a GSG review.
    Last edited by Fan45; 8th October 2010 at 22:59. Reason: error

Posts liked by others
    I read the Ezine article on the Chiappa .22LR 1911 and thought the review was well done and informative.

Although I have yet to see the Chiappa .22LR 1911 a new shooter here purchased one back in June. Unfortunately, his Chiappa .22LR 1911 essentially fell apart on the first firing. The dealer who sold him the Chiappa .22LR 1911 sent it back and that's the last anyone has seen of it. I suggested he request his money back and stay with established brand names in the future.

Regards...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast