Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Rra

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Rra

Here is my new RRA Pro Carry I ordered 08/17/2008.

It was worth waiting 20 months!!!

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations, but do check your image links.

Assuming that RRA did stop taking orders in Sep 08, and that they will not be opening up the book again then your gun must be one of the last made.

Enjoy it, so far I am enjoying my new to me RRAs a whole bunch.
    "a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd."

Posts liked by others

Thanks for the help!!!

Carrots, Thanks for the congrats and the image pointers.

My sincere thanks to John Caradimas for fixing my images and getting me on the right track!

I actually had a law enforcement friend who is my gun supplier order me the gun with the features he thought most important. I am so glad I ordered the Smith & ALexander Magwell and the front and rear 25-lpi checkering.

I also had some friends going to order RRA 1911's about a month after me in 2008 but were not happy when the announcement came to stop production. I felt pretty fortunate that RRA honored my order and came through with a beautiful package.

Posts liked by others
    looks great.
    I got to examine a NIB commander and 5" RRA 1911 this past Friday. Both were green frames with tan slides. I wish I would have checked their dates.

Enjoy your 1911.

Posts liked by others
    DThomas,

Thanks for the reply. As you can see my SSN is 3951 and I would guess that is towards the end of production.

Are you thinking about purchasing the gun? I think the finishes you mentioned would look really sweet.

The next 1911 I want to purchase is an OD Green or Desert Tan finish in a Commander 5" model. Since I can't buy another RRA, I am thinking about customizing a Nighthawk Talon 5" in desert tan or OD green frame and black slide in PermaKote.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by StuFish
    DThomas,

Are you thinking about purchasing the gun? I think the finishes you mentioned would look really sweet.

The next 1911 I want to purchase is an OD Green or Desert Tan finish in a Commander 5" model. Since I can't buy another RRA, ...

No, I do not need another RRA and I lean towards more traditional finishes these days, so the green and tan doesn't do anything for me. There are still RRA 1911's out there that are NIB. Like I said, I handled 2 of them.

Posts liked by others
    I would also not be interested in a two tone colored gun, but I am surprised to hear that tan/green versions are out there. I know that they offered green colored "Black T" frames on the "Basic Limited Match" model but I have never seen one outside of the picture in their 2008 catalogue.

One of my recent pick ups was made in Feb 2010 and so I know that they are still filling back orders, and am curious to see how many more will pop up.

There is a LNIB 4.25" Pro Carry on Gunbroker at the moment with a newish number, but it seems a bit high to me for "used". But the other commander currently listed there is crazy high considering that it is a used pre roll mark gun (read old) being sold with no accessories. It looks to me to be an original "Elite Commando" and back when the slides were plain they did not retail for much more than $1200 new. $2200 used and with nothing is clearly a joke even considering the limited supply. I have also seen a few NIB light rail equipped "Tactical" models out there, and one new "Bullseye Wadcutter".

I would quite like to pick up either a Blued or a Chromed "Limited Match", but I don't do Commander size guns and have little use for and no interest in light rails / scope mounts.

Anyhow once again enjoy your pistol and once you have had a chance to shoot it let us know how it runs. I intend update my "basic carry" thread now and again and I will create another two threads for each of the other guns. The RRA forum here is quiet enough that once posted your threads will hang around for a long time, and so adding to them is very easy.
    "a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd."

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DThomas
    No, I do not need another RRA and I lean towards more traditional finishes these days, so the green and tan doesn't do anything for me. There are still RRA 1911's out there that are NIB. Like I said, I handled 2 of them.
    I am pretty sure I just picked up the pair you are speaking of. You don't happen to be in LA do you? I too normally go for blued or stainless 1911s, but I happened to see a matching pair of RRA 1911s and got a little trigger happy. I will post pictures as soon as I get them in my hands. Had to send them back home to my FFL. Won't pick them up until this weekend. For now some poor cell phone pictures. By the way, both were manufactured in May 2009.

Last edited by jdraizor; 2nd November 2010 at 19:48.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jdraizor
    I am pretty sure I just picked up the pair you are speaking of. You don't happen to be in LA do you? I too normally go for blued or stainless 1911s, but I happened to see a matching pair of RRA 1911s and got a little trigger happy. I will post pictures as soon as I get them in my hands. Had to send them back home to my FFL. Won't pick them up until this weekend. For now some poor cell phone pictures. By the way, both were manufactured in May 2009.

That would be the two I was talking about. With some black or tan crimson trace laser grips, those would be really trick blasters.

Posts liked by others
    I am not really a fan of the Crimson Trace grips, but I was thinking about some all black G10 grips, probably some aggressive checkered G10. That is what I normally run on another 1911 of mine when I do lots of shooting. The 5" RRA will be used in March for Bill Rogers shooting class, so I hope it shoots well.