Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World largest digital picture?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

World largest digital picture?

Have a look at this one:

http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/48492/

While you can see some ghost tracks at the highway on the right, the detail of this panorama is amazing. You can read the road signs on that highway!

Good Lord!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Nevermind the signs, you can read a few car licence plates in there!

And some of the cranes have air-conditioning...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Pretty amazing photograph!

Posts liked by others
    That's cool

Posts liked by others
    Oh my gosh! That is amazing
    ...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

Posts liked by others
    2 minutes of loading and I still can't see it.

Posts liked by others
    Kinda Eeery,

There arent many people strolling about. Maybe too hot????

I agree, incredible clarity.

Posts liked by others
    That is awesome. I am sure Canon has something to do with it.

Posts liked by others
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing

Posts liked by others

I was told along time ago that this could be done.

My dad worked on and with the SR-71 (Blackbird) group back in the 60-70's and before he passed away in the early 90's told me some stories about the capabilities of the Blackbird and why it was really no longer needed as a picture taking platform, since many of the things that it did over a 30-40 year lifespan had been replaced by better technologies. He told me once that technicians studing pictures taken over the USSR which had pictures of trucks in a compound with license plates and that the numbers were readable. Also that one time a technician had determined that a bolt on a critical piece of equipment had been determined to have left-hand threads and that that information had been instrumental in solving some math/sceince questions concerning the equipment. He was vague about the wheres and why-fors but he was very adamant about how good the pictures were. After seeing this panorama and how detailed the pictures are, I feel guilty that I had some doubts about how much credibility I gave my dad for the stories. I often wonder what replaced the SR-71 and just how much the new "SPY" platforms are able to do, not being paranoid, just would like to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast