Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: lee turret press

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

lee turret press

I just bought a 4 die lee turret press and a adapter die for the perfect powder measurer that I already have. Does any one have this setup and how well does the powder measurer work? The reason that I'm using this measurer is that it came with the single stage kit that I bought a couple ears ago. Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    I have been using the Lee Deluxe Press and Powder Measure Pro for about two years now and I really like it. You might want to get the extender for it though, makes it easier to get it on and off when changing dies.

TM

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rott05
    I just bought a 4 die lee turret press and a adapter die for the perfect powder measurer that I already have. Does any one have this setup and how well does the powder measurer work? The reason that I'm using this measurer is that it came with the single stage kit that I bought a couple ears ago. Thanks.
    I have a Lee Turret Press and I was using the Perfect Powder Measure as a freestanding, bench-mounted powder dispenser. I know it can be mounted to the press, but doing so requires altering it such that I wasn't certain it could thereafter be used in freestanding mode if I chose to revert. Instead, I bought the Pro Autodisc, which mounts directly to the flaring/charging die, and that works flawlessly.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I said I had the Powder Measure Pro, what I should have said is the I have and use the Pro Autodisc which mounts on the powder die.

Thanks Hawkmoon.

TM

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rott05
    I'm using the autodisk on my Classic Turret Press with an extension.

Posts liked by others
    Back to the original question: I never used the Perfect Powder Measure on the turret press, but I used it as my only means of metering powder for the first couple of years (or however long it has been) that I have been reloading. I only went over to the Pro Autodisc on the press a couple or three months ago, and I did it to increase my production rate, not because of any problems with the Perfect Powder Measure. My experience was that it is consistent and reliable. (I used it with Winchester 231 powder. I can't speak to the performance with any other powder.)

Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I have the Perfect Powder Measure as well. I am very please with it. I use TiteGroup and the Measure throws very consistant charges, if you are consistant with your technique.

Posts liked by others
    I used to have the pro auto measure on my turret but now I mounted a RCBS uniflow on mine with the Hornady case activated linkage kit. It will expand and drop powder just like the Lee auoto disk. The uniflow measures in whatever weight range ( without doubling disks and what not with the Lee) and it meters powders like Unique much better in my opinion.

Posts liked by others
    I've been using the Pro Auto Disk on my Lee turret for about 3 years and like it much better than the Pro. I have the original Pro mounted on my bench but never use it now.