Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reload cost per round?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by niemi24s

Wait! What's that noise I hear? Is that someone turning green with envy?

Regards
    Niemi, I hate to trump one of my M1911.org heros ...

but I can get cast lead 200 grainers for 5 cents ea..
    (if i don't include shipping or the gas to drive 110 miles round trip, anyway)

I genuinely fear for the guy and his family's health though.
    It's a semi commercial family operation in a garage with POOR ventilation.

I bet his doc would freak if they ever got a blood lead level test

..L.T.A.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap
    . . . I can get cast lead 200 grainers for 5 cents ea..
    Wait! There's that noise again....it's coming from right here!!

Cheers
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    Honest costs on reloading the .45 acp
    $14.75 for the bullets 230gr FMJ per 100
    $3.00 for the primers per 100
    $4.00 for the brass if bought the first time per 100 once fired
    $.50 for the powder per 100
    Like most have said, price can vary on alot. I have the reloading equipment bought already. This is what I have paid in the last 7 months to reload. Prices for WWB per 100 at Wally World if they have it is $35.99 per 100 and Scheels has it for $45.99 and they have lots. The plus part of reloading is making your own product that can be very accurate in your own gun.

Posts liked by others
    Bluesdog,
    I found this thread late but am new to reloading so am monitoring the cost and can contribute. As was said, if you work to find low cost supply, you'll bring in the cost per round at 10-12 cents. I went with a low cost Lee kit, non-progressive, as I wasn't sure if I'd want to make it a hobby and don't shoot more than twice a month. Cheap 200gr LSWC supplier in the hills. I'll break-even with WWB at about 1000 rounds. After that, it's gravy. May even start with 9mm, just because I can. I have an Excel spreadsheet that I can send you, if you like - PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123