Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Im new and hoping you can help

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by the-cowboy
    Thank you for the recomendations....but it looks like economically thats a strecth for me. after doing a cursory price check

Sti/Svi real $1000+
    Svi/Sti full metal gbb airsoft $300

CZ 75 real $500
    Kwa Kz75 full metal gbb $149

I guess my question should be.... Can you come up with a combo air/real that will out shoot the cz combo for the same money $650-700 on both ends of the spectrum. Remember the real should b a 9mm gun that can hold its own in production class right outta the box and the airsoft must be a full metal gbb that can do the same........Man thats kinda tuff isnt it?
    Here's something else to consider:

Tanfoglio (Armscor MAP1) $350
    EAA 22LR Conversion Kit $240
    KWA KZ75 Full Metal GBB $149

I qualified distinguished expert using a 22LR conversion kit on my Tanfoglio.

I too am interested in the KZ75 for home practice...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Keep changing your requirements and we'll stay here discussing this for days.

Read your original post and read your latest one. What are you interested in? Better than stock accuracy or just a production pistol accuracy? A highly-upgradeable airsoft, or one you will be lucky if you can find a different hammer for? Cheapest possible solution or what you posted in your first post?

Sorry but my time is precious, I ain't going to spend it answering questions from someone who does not know what he wants.

Define your requirements and come back to us.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    John, I think he is referring to USPSA Production division which, unlike the IPSC Production that we are more familiar with here, has little to do with production pistols.

An extreme example: a Glock 17 with a replacement Caspian slide, Bar-Sto barrel, adjustable sights, a tungsten guide rod and a 3.5lb trigger bar is actually legal in USPSA Production, but would fail IPSC Production requirements, on several counts. On that basis, a modified/accurized CZ or Tanfoglio is, I think, closer to what he has in mind.

Posts liked by others
    John I apogize if I changed my standards some. I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to alter my specs as you guys better educate me on the subject (bad attempt at humor...sry) But for real... You guys have really opened my eyes to options I didnt even realize were there since my first post so I do apoligize if I am somewhat shifty on my poisition. BUT.....I do want to thank you for the time you have spent so far because I do appreciate it. I would never want to monopolize anyones time but if.... and when you do have the oppurtunity to comment I will look forward to it because I value your opinon.

Now I know I am totally ignorant to the requirements (and I know its my responsibilty to find out) of the ipda stock ,uspsa stock ,or Ispc stock requirments. My plan is to read up on them tonight and try to determine if it is even possible to compete (competitively) across all or some of the formats reasonably with one gun basically stock right outta of the box.
    Maybe after that I can define at least the organizations Im trying to get ready for. I would love to be able to do all of them because it really doesnt seem like there is an over abundance of events around here. Is any one esle cross competeting like Im talking about or am I crazy for trying to stock more than one shelf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12