Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What make/model 1911 do you use for on patrol?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasinaz
    I'm carrying this Kimber Custom Eclipse II in 357 Sig caliber. It started out as a 10mm, but I had a Storm Lake 357 Sig barrel fit to it, for a flat shooting and very accurate 1911.

Tom
    why not just carry a 38 super? 357 sig and 38 super are very similar calibers.

Posts liked by others
    At one old Department, I carried an original Kimber (Oregon marked), but sold it in a moment of konfusion. One of a very few guns I wish I had never sold.

I eventually replaced it with a TLE/RLII that did fine for me, reliable and accurate with no real complaints. (Current policy says I can only use it on special assignments, which I can work with.) Then while looking for a Desert Warrior, I found a lightly used Baer TRS for the same price. Soooo, the Baer rides at my side now. A great 1911, and I wish it was primary all the time.
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
    Last edited by Poohgyrr; 3rd January 2010 at 02:59.

Posts liked by others
    Kimber Tactical Custom II with a Colt Defender BUG.

Posts liked by others
    Nighthawk Custom 10-8 w/ Crimson Trace lasergrips and Surefire X300 weaponlight.

Posts liked by others
    I'd be a reserve LEO here but I'd have to carry a Glock. Ha.

Posts liked by others
    Started with a Colt Combat Commander in SS as a corrections officer. When I went to the road I was issued a H&K USP 45. Carried that until Wichaka worked on a Springfield Loaded. Loved that 1911 but switched over to a Springfield LW Operator when the price was too good to pass up. Been riding on my right hip now for about two years.

Posts liked by others
    Glock 21 Right now but will qualify next-month with my Springfield "Professional"
    PC9111 Springer "Professional"
    "America was founded with God,Guns and Guts"

Posts liked by others
    Springfield LW Operator with CMC Power Mags and Surefire x200 in one rig and a Streamlight TLR in another rig...

Posts liked by others
    Volkmann Combat Custom w/x300.

Posts liked by others
    Springer GI as a back-up to my Sig 226 and 229 in 40 S&W, or alone as on off duty gun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast