Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Llama & Firestorm 1911 Parts Interchange

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Llama & Firestorm 1911 Parts Interchange

The question comes up often, what standard 1911 parts can be used in a Llama or Firestorm pistol. The following is taken directly from the Bersa-Llama (Import Sports) web site. I do not vouch for the accuracy of the information provided.

------------------------------------------------------

COLT 1911 Parts Compatibility List

The following after-market 1911 parts will work on the Llama Max I 45 L/F and C/F, Llama Max II IX-C and IX-D, MiniMax, MiniMax II and MiniMax Sub-Compact; FireStorm 45 Government, Compact and Mini Compact Models (older style Llama IX-A,B):

Barrel Bushing
    Guide Rod Assembly
    Springs (Recoil, Hammer and Sear)
    Trigger
    Hammer
    Main Spring Housing
    Barrel Link and Pin
    Bushing Type Compensators
    Hammer Strut
    Sear and Sear Disconnect
    Rear Sight (may require the removal of the firing pin safety - depends on the sight)
    Red Dot Sight and Mount (may require ejector and ejector port modifications)
    Beavertail Grip Safety (not quite interchangeable, but the standard one can be reshaped to allow for a higher grip)
    Magazine (7 and 8 shot Max I C/F,L/F and IX-A,B and FireStorm Gov't/Compact only)

All the above parts require gunsmithing fit and assembly along with the proper double checks for function and safety.

· Pachmayer makes a Signature grip for all Llama Max I C/F,L/F and Llama IX-A,B; FireStorm Gov't,Compact models.
    · Chip McCormick extra round magazines can be used in Large, Compact and Officers Frame single stack models
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Hawkmoon....Welcome information indeed....Since Llama is out of business, if we plan to hold to our pistols; need to know about future supply & interchangibility.

Posts liked by others
    After a great deal of frustration looking for information on the interchengeability of parts, and the elation of finding it I can say for absolute certainty that every single part with the exception of the 1911 grips are interchangeable with the llama. Or at least is with mine. The colt slide rails are the same measurement as the llama, as well as the receiver rails, they too are the same measurement as a true 1911. The llama slide has the extra firing pin safety, well so does smith and wessons 1911, and kimbers. They both also have the external extractor. Seems llama is being copied by the bigger name companies now. I personally like how the plunger tube assembly is mounted on the llama, much easier to replace if you ever have to, on a colt it is a pain in the well you know, it gets crimped on. Since the slide and frame measurements are the same why not throw a .22 conversion on it, it works. I had to do it, smiths and haters said it can't be done, bull. With a little work it can be done.

So happy cheap shooting and customizing with your llama.

Posts liked by others
    That's exactly what I was wondering! I wanted to convert my early/mid 80's 9mm 1911 to .22. What fit is the best? I was thinking of going for a Ciener. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by raygixxer89
    That's exactly what I was wondering! I wanted to convert my early/mid 80's 9mm 1911 to .22. What fit is the best? I was thinking of going for a Ciener. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?
    Yes.

Go to our forum for conversion kits and read some of the feedback about Ciener. Then buy any brand except Ciener.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Thanks a bunch, Hawkmoon,I'll check out the other forums,but the reason I haven't been around is that just recently every time I go to the next page or do a forum jump, I get this verbal message saying "(3 knocks) mailman!) and it REALLY dances on my last nerve! What is it? How do I get rid of it? I nver had this problem before and now all od=f a sudden I get it. I was going to wait for my cousin to come down from Dallas to check it out as he is more computer savvy than I am. But any help would be Appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by raygixxer89
    Thanks a bunch, Hawkmoon,I'll check out the other forums,but the reason I haven't been around is that just recently every time I go to the next page or do a forum jump, I get this verbal message saying "(3 knocks) mailman!) and it REALLY dances on my last nerve! What is it? How do I get rid of it? I nver had this problem before and now all od=f a sudden I get it. I was going to wait for my cousin to come down from Dallas to check it out as he is more computer savvy than I am. But any help would be Appreciated.
    I'll take a guess that you have your computer set up to sound that altert when you receive an e-mail. And you may have set your forum profile to send you an e-mail notification when there's a new post.

That's my best guess late on a rainy Saturday night.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    I thought so too,but when I went to check my mailboxes I didn't have any mail,and it only does it when I'm on this sight.I don't know what gives.

Posts liked by others
    Was perusing the list of interchangeable parts, and towards the bottom of the post it says that Pachmayr makes a Signature grip for them. They used to, discontinued it about five years ago according to my guru who sells grips at various gunshows. He says he wished they were still in production on them, as he could sell as many as 10-12 sets per gunshow.

I'm still looking for a set of Pachmayr's to fit by Mod. IX-A duo tone. And I've been looking for 3 years.

John
    For those who think the pen is mightier than the sword, they simply have never encountered automatic weapons.